Chapter 43

Luna POV:

It was like time slowed down as the blade made from smoke shot through the air, Natsu runs trying to stop the blade but his hand goes right through it. My eyes widened as I screamed out Lucy's name, only to see the blade not go through our Lucy. But through Future Lucy. She dove in front of the blade to protect Lucy...

Blood gushes from her mouth and new wound as she falls to the floor with a thud, I run over to her pulling her head into my lap and looking at her wounds to see if there is anything I can do. 

"Wait.." Lucy asks in a daze as she slowly walks over to us.

"Lucy!" Happy yells running over.

"Stay with me Lucy..." I say as I slowly pull back some of the folds of her cloak, the wound is deep...too deep for me to be able to do anything...

"I...never....shut...the...door..." Future Lucy says looking up at our Lucy.

"I know! I would never do something like that!" Lucy says looking down with tears gathering in the corners of her eyes. "Why did you protect me?!"

"You are...me..in the...past..." Future Lucy says struggling to speak. "If you died...I'd vanish any...way..."

"Try and save some of your strength...maybe I can fly you to some healers and get you some help..." I say as tears fall from my own eyes.

Blood drips from Future Lucy's mouth as she slowly raises a hand to wipe away my tears, a soft smile on her now pale face.

"Don't cry....Luna...." She says to me. "It's weird....you know?...Watching...myself....watch me....die..." 

"It's weird for me too!" Lucy yells. "So don't die! Don't do it ok!"

"It's alright...People I never...thought...I'd see....alive....and now....I meet them again..." Future Lucy says, I glance around at the others and notice them all wearing horrified looks.

There must be something we can do....something to save her. I've been hurt badly lots of times, and I've turned out ok. Please, think of something!

"Just seeing...you...all again...makes me...so...happy." Future Lucy says coughing up blood, I take one of my hands and wipe off some of the blood. I stroke her hair as she begins to drown in her own blood, tears threatening to fall each time I look at her.

Happy walks over and places a paw onto Lucy's chest, tears flowing down his cheeks as he speaks. 

"Lucy no...Don't die..." He says sniffing.

"I don't belong...to this age...no not even....this...world..." She says looking at Happy. "The me...of this world...should stay....with her friends..." Lifting a hand weakly she places it on Happy's head. "Don't....be sad..."

"Sure I'm sad!! I don't care what world you come from...I don't care what anybody says, you're Lucy!! you're Lucy!!! You're my friend!! Any Friend would be sad about that!!!" Happy sobs as Future Lucy pulls him into a tight hug.

She then looks at our Lucy with a soft smile on her face. "Could...you show...me..your guild...mark..." She asks.

Lucy then slowly lift's her right hand, her pink guild mark pointed so that Future Lucy can see it. Future Lucy lift's her spare hand and strokes it softly, happy tears falling down her pale cheeks.

"You're right hand....it's...." Our Lucy says in shock.

I glance over at Natsu and see the agony written all across his face, he brought Lucy to Fairy Tail. They spent years together, fighting and going on adventures. Long before I came into the picture, the two of them were best friends. And they still are, but I can't help but feel that I stole Natsu from Lucy...That I destroyed their friendship, all because we fell in love with each other...