How you find a lost mother.

* I need to edit this one too *

   Im Laying in bed when I hear my Aunt’s hushed voice.

 I was laying down thinking about my Date with Tucker, when I hear a light switch turn on . I sat up on my elbows, thinking she was going to come ask me how it went, But I just heard her rummage around the kitchen and then the dial tone of a phone.

I get up and pad my way to the door when I hear her hushed whisper. I Crack the door opened and im met to my Aunts back. She’s leaning on the table and has the phone to her ear, the cord wrapped around one finger.

‘ You know I can’t do that ! ‘She whispers harshly in the phone and im taken aback. I never seen my Aunt was her voice to anyone, well except when I got arrested, but other then that , my Aunt usually was a happy person.

  ‘ Elizabeth, you Know that Kid wishes she knew where you were. It is not my fault you didn’t know how to be a mother. ‘

   My hand is frozen on my door knob.

Elizabeth. I knew that name. I hated that name. I wanted to know that name. I swallow down the lump in my throat.

  ‘ you can see it. That kid blames herself for the mistakes you did , ‘ It was. My mother was on that phone.

    I gasp and My Aunt turns around and her mouth drops open. She straightens out. ‘ I gotta go. ‘ I shake my head and I push off the door.

I run to the door and sling it open, my Aunt calling my name. Im running, my feet hitting the dirt and grass, my hair slashes my face, but I don’t care.

The moon allows me to see and im running into the field. Grass reaches my knees and tears are falling down my face, betraying me. I wipe them away and I fall to my knees.

My Mother. She’s alive, she’s okay. All these years of wanting to find her, hear her voice, talk to her, and My Aunt has known where she has been this whole time.

‘ Brooke ! ‘ I hear her calling my name but I don’t answer her. I lay my hands on my face and I feel the tears fall between my fingers. I felt like I was betrayd by the one person who swore they were going to be there. I wanted to hit something. I wamted to send my fist through a wall, through anything.

‘Fuck ! ‘ I yell, hitting the ground. I hear crikets make noise around me and I hear my Aunt trudging throigh the grass, looking for me.

  Im still on my knees when I feel a hand on my shoulder. Im looking down at the ground and I move my cracked lips.

‘ how long. How long have you known were she was. ‘ My voice is a whisper and I feel my Aunt get on her knees in front of me . She isn’t touching me and im glad she’s not.

  ‘ Since the day she left you. Brooke I can Ex- ‘ Im shaking my head. I bring my head up and wipe at the tears.

  ‘There is no way you can Explain this to me. Does my father know ? ‘ I look at her , pleading for her to tell me he didn’t, but by the way her eyes are looking at me, I know its true.

  My father and my Aunt of been keeping my own blood hidden . I jump up, unable to be by her.

I sling my hand back and I start to run back to the house. I hear my Aunt trying to get up, but I knew how to run fast. I get to the door and see it open . I run inside and go to my room.

I sling open the door and I go over to my Suite case and start to put some clothes in it. Tears are falling on my clothes, but I do not care. I needed to leave for the night, or for a little while . Who knew. I grab my phone and I dial Sky’s number. I ask her if I can stay at her house tonight, and She said she’ll be at my house in ten.

I zip my bag and put it over my shoulder. I slip on some shoes and when I turn to the door , My Aunt standing there Breathing heavily. It reminds me of what happened with my father. How I runaway then and I was running away now.

I was just like my Bitch of a mother.

  ‘ Im not letting you go, ‘ I laugh and Look to the window.

 ‘Then I’ll tell you the same thing I told my father. It’s either you let me go through the door or im going out the window. ‘ My Aunt looks pissed and she looks me up and down.

  ‘ Im not your father. You not going. We are going to sit and talk about this.’
  I laugh again, and I have no idea why I am. I narrow my eyes at her. ‘ you had ten years to talk to me. ‘
  My Aunt’s mouth opens a few times , like she is going to say something, but she decides against it.

I look her straight in the face. ‘ I trusted you. Believed it you. But ... I gotta go. ‘ I spit out at the end. I couldn’t be here when I was this pissed . I would say things I would regret and I didn’t my Aunt to be on the other side of that.

  Another tear goes down my face and I look at the wall. ‘ Brooke , ‘ My Aunt starts but there’s a honk outside. My Aunt looks at the window and back to me.
  ‘ If I let you go tonight, you promise to be back here tomorrow. ‘

 ’ Sure, ‘ I say , not even looking at her. I see her out of the corner of my eye move and I slide past her just like I slid past my father.

I was leaving , Just like I Did my Father. Just like my mother did to me.

                      * * *

  Sky’s house could have been on one of those magazines for million dollar mansions. Which, it probably was. The driveway when into a circle and there was a fountain in the middle.

I looked up to the white house and the gazzllion windows Sky saw me looking and she laughs.

  ‘ Big , huh ? ‘ I nod my head and get out of the car after her. Sky walks over and she gives me this hug. ‘ Im sorry. Lets go get some ice cream and watch movies.

I’ll have my Aunt call yours to see if we can miss school tomorrow. ‘ I nod my head against her shoulder and Sky pulls me back and her eyes brighten.

 ‘ Now, I want you to meet my brother, ‘ She starts to laugh and she takes my hand. She opens the door and the inside was beautiful .

The stair case was big and spread out like something I would see on the titanic. Im staring at Awe at the marble floor and Sky has to literally drag my upstairs.

‘ My mom and dad know you’re here. You’ll meet them tomorrow. ‘ Soon were going down a hall and the door next to Sky’s has A picture of A ( Of course ) half naked girl. Sky slams her fist again the door.

‘ yo ! Meat head ! Open up ! ‘ I hear something creek and soon the door opens to a tall kid with short blond hair. He has on a tight shirt and Boxers.

‘ What ? ‘ he said, running his hand over his hair.

 ‘Brooke, this is Kevin . My Stupid College staying brother. ‘ It takes the guy a second but he finally realizes I was standing there and that he was in boxers.

  ‘ the hell, sky ! ‘ he sends me a little smile and he shuts the door quickly. Sky laughs and she drags me to her room.

‘Wait till you see my little brother. Yikes. ‘

 And I actually laugh and I let Sky drag me to her room.

 Sky’s room is exactly how I pictured it. Band posters hand off of every inch and her bed was covered in a black lace bed spread.

The white carpet had black throw rungs everywhere and her computer was decorated with back sculls , I raise my eyebrows at her and she shrugs.

  ‘ What ? I love black and skulls. Cut me a break, ‘

  Soon, were both on the floor eating ice cream and Watching reruns of some reality t.v show. Sky passes out with her spoon in her mouth and I have to reach over and take it out.

I sit the stuff on the dresser and I look at myself in the mirror.

 My hair is everywhere and My eyes are puffy. I blink at myself and I say the one thing out loud that I kept repeating in my head.

  ‘ your not like your mother, ‘

I say to my reflection, and I turn back around and head to Sky’s bed.