Chapter 5

It was finally the end of Sophia's first day of school, it was the longest day in the world to her. She discovered that she had three classes with Carl: Geometry, Chemistry, and Gym. Sophia knew that he was a really bad influence and he was the total opposite of her, but there was something about him that attracted her. Whether it was his smoothness or his bad boy rep, there was just something about him that she couldn't get enough of. She mentally gave herself a pep talk of how she literally just met him yesterday and reviewed the circumstances in which she interacted with him, but she didn't care about all that. Her teenage hormones had gotten the best of her. Sophia literally didn't care that he pointed a gun at her and threatened to kill her. She felt like she somewhat knew him now (barely) and she forgave him for the whole running from the cops thing. That's one flaw of hers, she forgives and forgets way too quickly. In this case though, it was actually a good thing.
      Sophia was walking down the street as she went home and was feeling content. She was actually genuinely happy for the moment. As she was humming a song to herself, she heard a voice whisper, "Boo" into her ear, making her jump 10 feet in the air. She gasped and turned around but it was only Carl, so she somewhat calmed a bit down. He laughed as he walked next to her with his hands in his pockets, "I don't know if you know this but you get scared really easily." Sophia scoffed as she kept walking and jokingly replied, "Like when you broke into my house, pointed a gun at me, and threatened to kill me?" Carl nodded, "Yeah, like when that happened! Again, sorry about that. I needed to get away and going into your house was my only option." There was a peaceful silence for a moment until Carl continued, "By the way, I wouldn't have actually shot you. I don't shoot girls. It's flattering though that you thought I was so intimidating that I would actually do it." Sophia took a breath of relief, "Well what was I suppose to think when you were holding a freaking glock 17 just a couple feet away from my face? Of course I thought you would actually shoot me. You said, and I quote, 'I'll blow your fucking head off!'" Carl shrugged and smirked to himself as he looked at the ground, then he sighed, "I wear cornrows cause I want to. I was running from the cops cause they caught me dealing drugs. I'm that gang's boss cause even though I'm a white teenage boy, I am ruthless and badass as fuck." Sophia was extremely confused and she looked at Carl, "Wait, what?" He chuckled, "What do you mean 'what'? I'm answering those questions you asked me in the hallway earlier, since it was absolutely 'killing you'." Sophia smiled at him and took a deep breath. He finally answered her questions and now she was at peace. She looked at Carl and realized that she just had one more question, and she wasn't sure why she even asked it, "C-Carl, this one might be a little personal, but have you ever killed someone...? You look intimidating but now that I kind of somewhat know you, you don't seem like a murderer to me. I mean sure, you might own a gun, sell drugs, lead a gang, break into houses, run from cops, etcetera... but would you really go as far as to taking someone's life?" Carl stopped in his tracks and looked up at Sophia, she stopped walking, too. He looked her straight in the eye and slowly shook his head, "Don't tell anyone cause it might ruin my street rep, but no. I haven't killed anyone. But trust me, I'm definitely capable of it if my life or someone I love's life is at risk." Sophia nodded and didn't say anything more. She believed him and she understood him. Honestly, wouldn't we all kill someone if our lives were at risk or if someone we love's life was at risk? No matter who you are, deep inside we are all capable of taking a life. And that's a scary thing.
      Carl and Sophia continued walking down the street from school. Neither one of them spoke or asked anymore questions for a few minutes, and they just walked in peace. Sophia liked how it wasn't an awkward silence, it was totally comfortable and normal. After a while of just walking besides each other, Carl stopped in front of a house and said, "Well, this is my stop. I'll see you later." Sophia whispered, "Bye" as he went inside his house. She noticed it was only a couple houses down from her's, they were practically neighbors. Sophia continued walking to her house and smiled at the thought of how she may have just made a new friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Okay I thought that this was actually super cute ^-^ Hope ya liked it