Chapter 28

A/N: Sorry it's been a couple days since I've updated!! I know I left you guys on a cliff hanger haha. Hope you guys enjoy! I'm going make this nice and long ;)

      "Fuck you."

       Carl scoffed and tossed the broken necklace into the trash can, proving that he no longer cared. Sophia was crying uncontrollably as she grabbed random clothes and stuffed them into a backpack. He sighed, "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Leaving your ass. I am sooo sorry that I actually give a shit about you, that must make me such a terrible person."

".. where are you going?"

"Like you care. I'm going wherever I want, I can take care of myself."

"Whatever. I won't miss you."

Those last four words did it. Those last four words completely broke Sophia's heart in half. She could feel her stomach drop as she just stared down at the carpet. Then, she pulled herself together, zipped up the backpack, and stormed out of the bedroom.

Sophia stomped down the stairs quickly, Carl not even bothering to follow her. When she got downstairs, Fiona had just gotten home from work and was having a beer while watching the news. Lip was typing a paper on his laptop in the dining room, Ian was making dinner in the kitchen for everyone, and Debbie was laying on the couch while texting her boyfriend. The minute Sophia entered the room, all eyes were on her since her presence was so intense. They could literally feel her anger and sadness. Fiona stood up from the recliner when she saw Sophia's red, glossy eyes and the tears streaming down her face. Fiona approached her and spoke in a worried voice as everyone watched, "Oh my God, are you okay? What the hell happened?" Sophia said nothing as she just stood there with her arms crossed, and Fioned looked down at the backpack in Sophia's hand. Fiona began, "What's that? Where are you going? Come on, talk to me." Sophia wiped her tears and shook her head, "I have to go. Please don't come looking for me, I'll be okay. I just need to get out." Sophia began walking towards the front door quickly, and just as she was about to leave, she turned around, "And tell Carl that I never loved him."

That was a lie. She loved him so much, words couldn't explain. She felt nothing but hurt. Sophia was wrong, she couldn't take care of herself. As she walked down the dark, empty, and quiet street, she couldn't stop thinking, "What am I going to do?" She was walking aimlessly in no particular direction. The Gallagher house was her one and only home, but she couldn't go back. She couldn't bear to face Carl. Sophia was desperate. She was cold, crying, and hungry. The Gallaghers (except Carl) had tried to follow her, but Sophia was already long gone. They assumed she was just going to blow off some steam and she was going to come back eventually.

Sophia stood in front of her old house, the house where her parents lived. It looked like shit... as always. The front yard was out of control, the windows were cracked, the front door had holes in it... She didn't want to go back home, she really, really didn't. But, in the moment, she felt that she had no other choice. It was either:

a.) Go back to the Gallaghers and humiliate herself in front of Carl by coming back to him and showing that she really couldn't take care of herself.

b.) Be homeless and starving.

c.) Go back to her abusive, psychotic, drug-addicted parents' house.

As she stood in front of the old house, plan b.) started to sound barely better than a.) or c.). The South Side was dangerous and she wouldn't last one hour on her own. She thought that if she could survive with living with her parents for the majority of her childhood, she could deal with it again.