Chapter 39

So... that happened. Lip wasn't laughing anymore and Debbie's face had fell. Everyone was so confused in the moment and didn't know what to really say. Fiona spoke with an angry, motherly tone, "How the hell did I not know about this?! Carl what did you do?? Why are you going back to Juvie?!" Carl had a smirk on his face as he was sitting back on the couch with his arm still around Sophia's shoulder, "A couple months ago, when I wasn't making as much money as I am now, I stole a gun from some store. I was never caught cus they couldn't tell who it was on the security cameras, but I guess they figured out it was me now. There's a warrant out for my arrest since some snitch turned me in and gave the police my info."

         Sophia began to tear up because she didn't want him to go and she was scared for him. He was going to be gone for half a year! Fiona sat back down in her chair and held her head in her hands with frustration and defeat. Both Debbie and Lip were upset, but were lowkey used to this. No one, except for Sophia, was scared for Carl since they knew he could take care of himself and he's survived Juvie before, but they were just disappointed and annoyed. There was so much running through everyone's minds that they were too distracted to say a word. Carl just shrugged since he knew he'd be fine and it would all work out, but he could see how hurt and afraid Sophia was by the look on her face. Her dark eyes were glossy with tears and she was just staring down at the carpet, refusing to make eye contact with anyone. She was so tired of losing people. Lip finally said to himself, "Well shit... what a Christmas." Debbie responded, "I know right.. first Ian leaves us and now Carl."

         After another 10 long minutes of everyone just processing what was happening, there was a loud knock at the door. Carl had a feeling who it was. Fiona gave him a "look" as she got up to answer it. She opened the door and was met by two officers. Fiona said, "Hello... can I help you?"   

"Yes, we have a warrant for the arrest of Carl Gallagher and we are here to take him into immediate custody. He's been charged with robbery by the Chicago Police Department. Are you his mother?"

"Oh.. Uh no, I'm not his mom. I'm his older sister, Fiona Gallagher. I'm his legal guardian, though."

"Alright then. Is Carl home?"

"Yes... he's here."

Fiona then opened the front door wider and the cops came right on in to the living room where everyone was. Carl stood up and had that same expression on his face. He looked unapologetic and cocky as hell, like he really didn't give a fuck about what was just happening. He had a smirk on his face as he put his hands behind his back and turned around to be cuffed, knowing damn well the routine he's been through multiple times. As Carl was being read the Miranda Rights, Sophia began to cry uncontrollably. This sight smacked the look right off his face and it was replaced with hurt. He was only sorry that he had to leave her and that he couldn't be with her for a long time. Sophia went to kiss Carl one last time, but he was quickly pulled away from the officers and was taken outside. Everyone got up and followed them out to the front yard as Carl got into the back of the police car. They were wished a Merry Christmas from the officers and then they drove off.

       Everyone just stood there for a long time as Fiona held Sophia while she cried. Lip and Debbie were just blank. They've seen this all go down before and weren't exactly surprised anymore. They were still hurt and upset, but neither one had shed a single tear.

    Hours had passed and it was a horrible "first" Christmas for Sophia. There was no longer any holiday spirit left in anyone. Everyone just went straight to their rooms for the rest of the day. It was the first night of the next 6 months that Sophia had to go to sleep without him by her side. She wasn't very used to the now cold and empty bed. She was up all night going in between total meltdowns and just sobbing, then being positive and thinking he'll be fine and it'll all be okay, then going back to crying and doubting everything. Sophia was desperately looking for ways that she could talk to him and get him out of there, but she finally accepted the fact that that was the last time she'd probably be able to ever see him for 6months.

A/N: yikes that was a bad chapter