Chapter 36

A/N: Guyssss I can feel that my writing is getting worse n worse & Im lowkey freaking out cus it sucks I have no more ideas for thissss Idek where this story is going 😩

Carl and Sophia were back in their bedroom with the door and blinds closed. He was acting like he was ready to go back to sleep until she jumped on the bed next to him and said, "Carlllll lets go do something. All we do is sleep!" He groaned and sat up, "Princess... I don't know if you've realized this, but all of Chicago is in the middle of a huge snow storm right now. There's no way we can go out and do anything. It's below 0° and apparently the snow is at 6 inches so pretty much everyone is staying inside their houses."

She groaned out of frustration and defeat. Sophia laid on top of him as he played with her tangled hair and she said out of no where, "Are you ever going to stop? Like, being part of a gang. Would you ever get a real job?" He raised an eyebrow at the completely random question that he never saw coming, "What makes you ask that..?" She shrugged, "I dunno. I was just thinking about how my dad was a 40 year old man and was still dealing drugs and shit. So are you still going to be doing all this... illegal stuff when you're older?"

Carl felt so guilty the moment she brought up her dad, but he understood where she was coming from. He never really thought about what he would do when he was "too old" to be involved with stuff like that. He had accepted that he didn't have much going for him since he was basically failing all of his classes. He was never smart or talented, he wasn't raised like all the other, stable, kids. Carl responded after a long thought, "I've never thought of that.. I mean, the job pays the bills. And I drive a nice car, I wear real gold around my neck, and we can actually afford this house. But... I know I can't do this forever. I'll figure some shit out soon. I always do baby. We'll always be taken care of."

She nodded and smiled as she relaxed, "Okay, I trust you. I'm glad cause honestly, for a while, I've been worrying about this. I just don't want you to grow up to be like how my dad was. Still dealin drugs, takin drugs, and barely making it by when you're a grown man." His eyes widened and he looked at her, "Are you kidding? That's never gonna be me. Believe me. I know I've been through shit and I've done bad shit, but that's not gonna last forever. I'm gonna stay outta juvie, I'll find myself a real job, and I'll stop usin. I'll do anything for you. You want me to stop smokin and drinking? I'll do it. You want me to stop goin to parties and stop gettin into trouble? I'll do that too." She felt guilty that because of her, he was giving up everything his life was full of. But, she knew it was for the better. She didn't want to "fix" him, but she wanted to help the both of them out if they were going to grow old together.

Then, she asked (again, out of the blue), "Carl?" "Yeah?" "Are we.. together?" "Well obviously we're together, Im looking right at you." She gave him a sarcastic look and he laughed. She groaned and threw her head back, "Noooo... I meant are we dating? I know you're quite the player and you get around so I don't know if you're tied down to me... or if this is just how you are with me in private." He immediately sat up in bed and she did the same so that they were both looking at each other. Carl shook his head slowly and his eyes were wide, "Where is this coming from babe? Do you really think of me like that? Sophia.. there is no way I'd ever.. hurt you. I would never talk to you like this, treat you like this, do things we've done together, if I didn't love you and only you. I know I used to get around, but that's not me anymore. I'm not gonna fuck around with temporary girls when I already have the love of my life right here."

Sophia looked down at her hands and smiled as a single tear streamed down her face. He wiped the water away and said softly, "Please believe me.." She looked up and nodded quickly, "Yeah. I believe you." He smiled and kissed her on the forehead then got out of bed, "Good. I'm gonna go downstairs and grab us some more blankets, you're probably freezing since the heat just shut off." He was about to walk out of the room when she said, "Carl. I love you too. So, so much." Carl's face was taken over with the biggest, most uncontrollable smile Sophia had ever seen. He continued downstairs to get what they needed.

He came back upstairs as she laid in bed, shivering from the coldness. Carl laid next to her and wrapped themselves in many thick blankets. She asked as her teeth chattered, "W-why did the heat kick off? I can't believe it, its -13° right now!" Carl rubbed her arms to warm her up, "I have no clue. It should turn back on in a couple hours though." They looked like they were wrapped in fleece cacoons as they tried to make do with body heat. It was 7PM and it was already completely dark, making them drowsy.

Carl asked, "Sophia, are you really as happy as you make yourself out to be?" She sighed, knowing that the answer was definitely a huge, fat NO. But, she didn't want to worry him. She loved Carl and knew he had a lot of his plate. Sophia gave him a small smile, even though he wasn't looking. She said, "Of course. I'm on top of the world." He didn't believe it. Carl knew that there was no way she was tHAT happy with everything that was going on. She was either seriously depressed, or she was numbing out all the pain so much that she had convinced herself it was all fine. He just wanted to get the truth out of her to see if she really trusted him. Carl sighed, "No, you're not. Why don't you just tell me the truth? Be honest princess. I know you're not okay."

Woah weird idk this is going nowhere but hope u still like it bahahaha luv u