* side note!

Helloooo everyone!! This is just going to be a little author's note/explaination:

TRIGGER WARNING: Domestic abuse, neglect, parental issues, etc...

I've gotten quite a few messages from readers,
regarding my last few chapters, of them being confused and upset with the fact that Sophia is so unbothered and happy with what has happened to her parents. Some people have said stuff to me along the lines of, "I understand that she was abused and all but it's just so wrong that she's totally okay with her father being murdered and her mom being arrested!!"

Now I can totally see where they're coming from when people argue that they're against Sophia's perspective and feelings toward everything going on with Melissa and Byron. Honestly, I'm voicing through her how I would personally feel. I built Sophia mostly off of me and my experiences. I was abused by both parents. I lived in the lower middle class and was emotionally, verbally, and sometimes physically abused and neglected by my mom and dad (but they weren't quite as psychotic as her parents). My mom was (and still is) an alcoholic and my dad was a severe drug addict. I was raised by horrible and unstable people who could barely take care of me. So, obviously I have quite a lot of resentment and anger towards my parents. Hell, it hurts to even call them my "parents" since neither one of them exactly played a mother or father figure in my life. So yes, I made Sophia so unbothered and relieved about the consequences her parents have faced since that's personally how I would feel if those were the circumstances in my life with my mom & dad. I don't blame this character for how she feels or regret it. I think that unless you have been abused or neglected or hurt by a parent/guardian in any way, that it is probably super difficult (understandably) for you to understand how a child could possibly feel this way towards their parents.

Now everyone is totally entitled to their own opinions & I can see why you may feel one way or the other! But yeahh that's just my little explaintion/defense for why Sophia feels the way she does towards her parents for those who don't understand or think she's wrong for feeling that way.

Hopefully you are still enjoying the story!!! I love you ALL so so so much and you all mean the world to me. My messages are always open, so pls don't be afraid to come to me if you ever need anything or need a friend or advice or anything. Thank you so much for reading this!! It means so much. Please continue to comment (I ABSOLUTELY LOVE reading comments) and tell me what you think/make suggestions/ask questions/etc.. I LOVE YOU 💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗