Chapter 8

Sophia woke up to the touch of Carl's large hands softly shaking her awake. She instantly realized that this was the first morning in years where she didn't wake up to the sound of her parents fighting. It was a relief. He looked sleepy and his eyes were barely open as he had just woken up, too. Carl spoke softly, just above a whisper, "Wake up babe." Her heart fluttered at the sound of his deep raspy morning voice calling her babe, but that was probably just what he called every girl. The way he woke her up was soft and careful, unlike how her parents would always wake her up violently and loudly with not a care in the world. She thought to herself that she could get used to this. She never wanted to leave, she didn't want to ever go back to her house. Sophia wondered if her parents were worried at all that she wasn't home, but she was 99% sure that they didn't even notice.
He shook her a couple more times before she yawned, signaling him that she was awake. She rolled over and snuggled deeper into his blankets as he chuckled, "Come on, Sophia. We gotta get to school. Unless... you wanna ditch." That honestly sounded like a great idea. At this point in her life, she was so exhausted that she didn't even care. She didn't care about her parents, she didn't care about not going back home, she didn't care about school, she just didn't care. She was extremely happy and content where she was right now in that moment. Sophia kept her eyes shut and slightly nodded, then mumbled sleepily, "Yes please..." Carl smirked and mumbled back, "Aight, that sounds good to me." He then plopped down back in bed next to her and got under all the blankets. They were now both laying on their sides and we're facing one another. Sophia slowly opened her eyes and caught Carl staring at her. She jokingly whispered, "What are you lookin at?" He lazily smirked, "You. Duh." That made her laugh a little to herself and blush as her eyes fluttered shut again.
It was a really lazy day as they stayed home from school. They were already basically best friends because of how close they were already. They had told one another pretty much all of the information about themselves and were sleeping in the same bed, it was about as close as they could get. It was about 9AM and gloomy outside when it suddenly began to rain. Carl was fast asleep again. Sophia admired how good he looked when he wasn't even trying. He looked like a whole different person when he was sleeping. When he was awake he was very attractive: a classic intimidating bad boy who was smooth and had swagger. When he was asleep he was still very attractive, but in a calm, kind, peaceful, beautiful way. Opposites.
Sophia watched the rain fall outside his window. She rethought everything he told her the night before. He assured her that she didn't have to worry and that she wasn't ever alone, he would protect her. She really did have trust issues, but she genuinely believed him when he said this. Carl soon woke up after a while. He stretched and looked over at the clock, it was 12PM. The boy sat up and said, "Sorry I totally passed out again. What have you been doin?" Sophia looked up at him, "Nothin. Just laying here and thinking about everything." He sat up against the wall on his bed and said, "Oh. Do you know what you're going to do?" She shrugged, "I don't really know. I guess I have to go back to my house and deal with them like always. It's my only option. I just really don't want to. I'm scared, Carl." He looked at her sadly until suddenly his eyes lit up, "Well, I mean, you can't keep living with that. You shouldn't have to, you deserve so much better. I mean, this might be too much but it's just an idea... how about you move in with us? Live here? I know we're only a couple houses away from your parents but they won't know you're here."
Sophia loved the idea of that, "Ugh that sounds perfect. You know something? This morning was the first morning that I woke up peacefully in years. It was amazing. So yeah, if your family approves... I think that's a great idea. It's really my only other option other than running away and being homeless." Carl flashed her a beautiful smile, "Aight, it's settled then. My family don't care, of course they'll approve. You and I can share this room if you want since we don't really have any other space. Maybe later today or tonight we'll sneak back into your house and get all your stuff?" Sophia had the widest grin on her face ever. She couldn't help it, she was so excited to start new with her best friend. She was overwhelmed with happiness so all she could do was nod and smile. Carl smiled back and laid back down in bed, "This is your home now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N: I feel like this was really lame & escalated pretty quickly considering they've only know each other for a couple days, but please go with it. I didn't want to have to drag it all out just to make it realistic :/ Hope you enjoy it though!!! <3