Chapter 38

What Sophia said that night hit Carl hard, because not only could he relate & understand, but it pained him to know that she had to go through things like that too. It wasn't fair. Neither one of them ever got closure or even a simple "I'm sorry for what I've put you through". Her parents never even tried to fix things and Frank, well he knew what was wrong with him but he just ran away from his problems. He ran and ran until there was no one around to tell him that he needed to stop drinking his life away & get a job like a grown man.

Apparently it was Christmas day because the two were awakened the next morning by Debbie bursting into their room (may I add, she was wearing a way too tight snowman onesie) yelling, "Get up lets goooooo!!! We've all been waiting for you downstairs! We just wanna open presents now so hurry up!" Carl squinted his eyes and groaned, he wasn't a huge fan of the holidays for some reason but he wanted to make it enjoyable for Sophia since she's never had a "real" Christmas. And apparently Debbie's yelling didn't wake up Sophia since she was still sound asleep, unmoved. He softly woke her up with a hundred kisses all across her face and whispered, "Merry Christmas baby girl." She yawned and stretched, opening her eyes immediately when she heard 'Christmas'. Sophia smiled and shot up out of bed, running down the stairs (somehow not falling flat on her ass on the wood steps). Carl smiled as he slowly followed her down the stairs to the living room where everyone else was.

Fiona was sitting on her own chair with a fleece blanket over her lap and holding a cup of coffee, smiling when she saw Sophia running down the stairs and Carl walking slowly behind her like a zombie. Fiona said, "Merry Christmas you guys!" Sophia responded with an ecstatic smile, but Carl didn't as he just rubbed his eyes. Fiona continued sarcastically, "Merry Christmas to you too Carl." Carl and Sophia sat down on the couch and Lip n Debbie were sitting criss cross apple sauce on the carpet underneath the tree by the presents.

Fiona said, "Alright, we've got a lot of presents here so this might take a while. Who wants to go first?" Lip offered and searched for a wrapped box with his name on it. Sophia leaned over to Carl and whispered in his ear, "No offense, but how could they afford all this?? And I feel so bad that I didn't get anything for anyone oh my God." He smirked and laughed quietly, "First off, we can all afford to get gifts for each other cus I make moneyyy. Sure Fiona & Lip work too, but I'm the one who brings home the most cash. We're not strugglin. Second, please don't worry about it. I got some gifts for everyone else a while ago just in case and put your name on some of them so you're finee. Even if you didn't get them anything, they wouldn't care." Sophia was reassured and understood now a bit more, so now she was able to relax and enjoy her first real holiday.

      Lip picked up a wrapped box that said "From: SANTA CLAUS HOHOHO". He set it down and gave Fiona a drop dead look, "You know I know Santa doesn't exist right?" Fiona's eyes were wide and she laughed, "I didn't write that!" Then Carl began to laugh, making it obvious that he was the one who wrote that Lip's gift was from Santa. Lip then turned his head in Carl's direction and said, "Asshole". Carl shrugged with a smirk, "I don't think I'll be an asshole anymore when you see what I got you bitch". Lip looked confused as he unwrapped the box, only to find a legit diamond ROLEX. He dropped the case with the luxurious watch inside and looked at Carl, "You fucking didn't." Carl nodded, "Oh yes I did".

       45 minutes had gone by and everyone was still opening presents. Debbie shrugged and said as Carl was unwrapping a random gift, "I wish Ian was here with us." Fiona gave her a sad smile, "Ahh it's okay bud. I bet he's having a great Christmas over with Mickey! We'll give him a call later and wish him a Merry Christmas if you want." She nodded and smiled hopefully. Carl had bought everyone super expensive and fancy gifts, making Sophia anxious to see what he got her. There was one gift left under the tree, and it must've been hers from Carl since she hadn't opened a present from him yet. She just stared at the small box as the tree lights above it shined down on it, making it look all ooh la la.  

        Everyone was waiting for her to open it as Carl nudged her to wake her up from her deep thinking. He smiled down at her as she had been sitting on the couch next to him with her legs over his. Debbie picked up the box and handed it to Sophia, forcing her to open it then and there. She expected a pair of large diamond earrings or a freakin Apple watch, but when she opened the box, everyone gasped except for Carl. He was trying to hold in a heavy laugh as she looked shocked, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone.

He got her a Swarvotski crystal viBRATOR.

      She immediately closed the box and looked at him, "Carl what the fuck..." Debbie and Fiona's mouths had dropped and Lip was crying from laughing so hard as he was literally rolling on the floor. Carl said, "Merry Christmas baby!" She was amused but was doing a good job at staying serious, "Um... why'd you get me.. that..?" He had that famous smirk slapped on his face as he had an arm around her shoulder, "Cause I won't be home for the next six months to be there for you when you, ya know, need me. My ass is goin back to Juvie mothafuckas!" Sophia and Debbie gasped loudly, Lip wasn't surprised as he just shrugged, and Fiona stood up, "What the fuck Carl!" Sophia joined in, "Oh my God what did you do??"

A/N: Lmfaooo hope u lovas like lo siento for the messed up time frame but pls just stick with me 😭😭 Can't wait to write the next chapter bahhahahahaa