Chapter 17

Sophia knew that things were tense downstairs with Ian finding out that Carl was still dealing drugs, all because of her, so she went upstairs to hang out with Debbie until things cooled down. She walked into the bedroom and saw Debbie laying on the bed, just staring at the ceiling. Sophia sat down on the edge of the bed and said, "Hey. What's up?" Debbie spoke emotionlessly as she continued to watch the ceiling fan spin, "Nothing, just regretting ever having sex with Derek. He has been ignoring me ever since I gave him my virginity and I saw him flirting with another girl... Carl was right. Derek is such a douche and was only using me for sex."
         Sophia thought that this could be a good time for the two of them to bond and have a girl talk about feelings. She was so sad for Debbie, "I'm so sorry. It's not your fault, you didn't know any better. It really sucks but you have just got to hang in there and forget about him. You can do so much better." Debbie sighed and wiped her eyes as they began to fill up with tears, "Yeah, I guess. I just feel so stupid, he clearly doesn't like me anymore. I'm so mad at myself for not listening to Carl all this time and giving Derek what he wanted." Suddenly, they heard the front door open and close. Sophia stood up off the bed and said, "Come on, let's go downstairs. I think Fiona just got home."
        Debbie groaned as the two of them went downstairs, everyone gathered in the living room. Fiona plopped down in a comfortable chair as she set her purse on a table, "It's been such a long day at work, I just need to relax. Let's get this movie night started already!" Fiona was in a recliner, Ian was sitting on the far right side of the couch, then Lip, then Carl in the middle. Sophia used all her courage and decided to sit down beside Carl, even though she could sense that he was still a bit pissed that she told Ian that he was checking in with his workers about a drug deal earlier. Debbie popped in a scary movie, grabbed some popcorn, and sat in the empty space next to Sophia on the far left of the couch.
        The movie was about to start when Lip asked, "What movie are we watching, Debs?" Debbie responded as she ate a piece of popcorn, "Conjuring." Fiona shuddered, "Oooh sounds scary!" Everyone was quiet as the movie began. Sophia was freezing so she got a blanket and snuggled up in it on the couch, daydreaming that one day Carl would be the one keeping her warm. It was a very intense and creepy movie, keeping everyone on edge... except Carl, of course. He was slouched down in the couch with his arms crossed as he looked pissed, emotionless, and not at all afraid. Sophia was enjoying the movie, until a major jump scare popped up. Debbie's popcorn went flying, Fiona slightly jumped out of her chair, and Sophia gasped. Carl slightly turned his head to look at Sophia and smirked in amusement. She flashed him a joking glare in return, he didn't seem to be angry with her anymore, which was relieving.
          The movie was over after nearly three hours, and it was 10:00 at night. Fiona yawned, "Alright guys, I'm going to bed. You can watch one more movie, but please don't stay up too late. Love you." Everyone told her that they loved her too in return as she walked up the stairs to her bedroom. Debbie had already fallen asleep on the couch and Lip & Ian were the only ones who were up for watching another movie. Carl stood up from the couch and said, "I'm goin to bed guys, night." Sophia yawned and followed him up the stairs to their shared bedroom.
           Sophia slipped on some sweatpants and a tshirt, then crawled into the large bed as Carl crawled in after her. He leaned over to turn off the light, then they just laid there in silence and darkness. Sophia whispered, "I'm sorry for telling Ian about what you went to do earlier. I thought he knew you were still doing that stuff. I swear, I didn't mean to start anythin-" Carl interrupted her, "No, don't be sorry. He would've found out sooner or later anyway, one way or the other. I'm not mad."
      She sighed as she snuggled deeper into the warm blankets, "Phew, okay good." He chuckled as he heard her shiver, "Come here, you're cold." She scooted over and snuggled into his body without hesitating. He wrapped his arms around her body, stroking her back as he kissed the top of her head. She rested her head into the crook of his neck, immediately warm again. Carl suddenly took his hand and tilted her chin up facing him, then leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips. Sophia couldn't resist and kissed him back.
        It quickly got heated, as he got passionate and slightly rough. She wasn't used to this, but she loved every minute of it. He then slowly flipped them over so he was on top. Carl used one arm to prop himself up above her, and the other held her face in his hand. His hand started to travel down her torso and up under her shirt, then he stopped right below her breasts. He whispered, "Goodnight," and laid back down, holding her in his arms, and fell asleep. Sophia was in shock, she didn't even know what just happened. All she knew was that it felt so good, so right, but she was a bit upset that he teased her and stopped there. She knew how he was going to play it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~