Chapter 34

A/N: Agh again so srry for that awkward last chapter lmao i was just tryin to get a bit of lowkey smut in there for all u horny gals bahaha but hopefully this is better & a bit fluffier!! also, pls comment if there are some things that are unclear or confusing about the story to u haha i don't want the details to get too complicated or twisted up

Sophia was laying on her back, staring straight up at the ceiling, with only a thick duvet covering her bare, sweaty body. She then leaned over and looked at the clock: it was 11:35PM. Then, she turned over to see that Carl was laying on his side, facing the wall, away from her... not saying a word. She was a bit confused and embarrassed, then asked, "Carl? Is something wrong? Did I.. do it all wrong?" He slowly sat up in bed to face her and their eyes met. Carl held her face with his hands and rested his forehead on hers, "Of course not. You were.. damn you were amazing. Sorry if I seemed a bit stand-offish afterwards... that's normal for guys to kind of shut down and get tired after they... finish. Don't take it personally babe." Her mouth gaped a little from the new information and she nodded, whispering to herself, "Oh.."

They both laid back down together and he held her in his arms, both resting & recovering in silence. Suddenly, she began to cry softly to herself. His eyes went wide and he looked down at her head that was rested on his chest, "Hey, hey, what's wrong? Are you crying?" She looked up at him with a smile, wiping her eyes, "Is it normal to cry after your first time, do you think?" He sighed a sigh of relief and nodded with a smile, "Yeah, it's normal. Apparently girls usually cry after they lose their v-card, but they're happy tears most of the time." She continued to smile a wide smile as one last salty tear streamed down her cheek, "Okay, good to know. And yeah they're happy tears cus I just.. I've never felt that feeling before. Just feeling so- unconditionally loved. Like I was the only girl in your world." She looked up at him and her eyes met with his baby blues, as they were both smiling small yet genuine smiles. Carl was playing with her hair as he responded, "Always. I will always love you so unconditionally. You'll forever be tha only shawty I love." He held her tighter as they both laughed at him calling her shawty.. even though she was the farthest thing from being a "shawty" or a "baddie". She was more like the sweet, kind, and good girl next door that had been sent from above.

It was now 1:50AM and they had remained in the exact same spot, no words said. They weren't quite asleep, but they were both beginning to drift off. Carl then asked randomly in an exhausted, quiet, and raspy voice, "I didn't hurt you.. did I?" He felt Sophia's head move against his chest as she slightly shook her head, also responding in a similar tone, "Not really. I mean, it kinda hurt for a couple minutes but then it just went away. After that... well you were right before, cus it was definitely worth it." He laughed deliriously from his tiredness, "I told you so." Sophia was then jUST about to fall completely asleep until the startling sound of her phone ringing went off. They both slightly jumped as she groaned and leaned over to grab her phone from the nightstand. It was Officer Sandra Burkins calling, the one who had come over to interview and check in with Sophia.

       Carl was now completely sat up as he listened intently, now fully awake. Sophia's eyes were squinted as she spoke lazily, "Uh.. hello? This is Sophia Carter."

"Hello Sophia, this is Officer Sandra Burkins calling from the South Side Police Department. I apologize for calling at such a late hour, but I'd like to notify you that the arrest of your mother, Melissa Carter, has been carried out. My partner and I visited her residence at 12:30AM and she was not in great condition. She was extremely drunk, as expected, and aggressive. At one point when we asked her about you and told her she was being arrested for domestic abuse, she became extremely violent. We had to also charge her for resisting arrest and assaulting an officer. She is now in custody."

The officer had a rather loud, strong voice, so Carl was able to hear every word she said through the phone. He was completely silent, giving Sophia a reassuring look to comfort her as he played with her fingers on her extra hand. Sophia had closed her eyes and sighed, saying nothing. Officer Burkins continued,

"Miss Carter? Are you there?"

Sophia wasn't upset at all, just relived. She had been waiting for this moment her whole life. The moment of being completely free and safe from the despicable parents she was cursed with.

"Um, yes I'm still here. Thank you so much for everything. It means the world to me. Now, Id really appreciate it if you no longer kept me updated or contacted me about my mother's situation. I'd prefer to have nothing to do with her and keep my distance from all this."

"Okay then, that can be respected. Although, I can't guarantee totally seperation from your mother because if she decides to take this to court and plead not guilty of any of her charges for some reason, you may be asked to testify at a hearing. But, from now on, I wont be contacting you anymore about this unless it's urgent. Thank you for your time, Miss Carter. Best of wishes with everything. Have a great rest of your night." Then the officer hung up.

Sophia then let out a large breath that she had been holding in for some reason. She then clicked off her phone and set it face down on the night stand, then turning over to face Carl. She was laying down on her side and he was still sitting up, but he soon then laid back down and faced her. He held her tired face with one hand, "You alright?" Sophia nodded and slightly smiled, "Yes. I'm more than alright. Thank you, for everything. I love you and good night." She then shut her eyes to go to sleep at last as he kissed her forehead, then he too drifted off.

A/N: hope this was alright!! it actually made me a bit sad lol :*)