P.P. - Meeting Aunt May

"Okay, well that's it. See you tomorrow," Peter said leading me to the door.

"Yeah! And thanks for helping me with the homework again," I replied reaching for the doorknob. When I opened it, a woman was about to open it, too. I took a step back, letting her in. I nervously said," Hi, you must be Peter's aunt!"

The woman smiled," Yes, hello!You can just call me Aunt May. And who are you?" Peter interrupted," This is Y/N. I was just helping her with some homework." I nodded awkwardly, shifted uncomfortably.

"Oh! You must have dinner with us! I'm making my famous meatloaf!" Aunt May said excitingly. I looked to Peter, he just shrugged his shoulders. Pursing my lips into a thin line, I said," Sure why not."

~

"Food's ready!"Peter and I stood up from the couch, turning off the T.V. and sitting at the dinner table. Aunt May had set out the table, I smiled at how enthusiastic she is about having guest.

"And here it is!" Aunt May announced, setting down a plate with her "Famous Meatloaf". We began to eat, no one saying a word. The awkward silence eating me alive.

"Peter's been tutoring me for a week and he's already brought my "C" to a "B"," I said, breaking the silence. Peter blushed and Aunt May smiled, nodding at Peter.

"That's wonderful! I wish he would have told me. He doesn't bring much friends home, you know. Are the kids at school nice t-" Peter cleared his throat,  stopping Aunt May from continuing. "Aunt May. Please, don't. Oh god," Peter said, his face filled with embarrassment. Fighting a laugh, I looked down at my plate, smirking.

"Alright. Alright. Fine," Aunt May shushed Peter.

Every now and then, Peter and I would make eye contact, but we wouldn't say anything. I would just look down and my blush. While Peter would look around and eat more meatloaf. Aunt May's "Famous Meatloaf" doesn't taste  the best, but I could still manage to eat to make her happy.

There was another moment of silence. By now, we were all finished eating. We sat looking at each other, waiting for someone to say something.

"Well?" Aunt May asked. Peter and I stared at her with a confused look. She raised her eyebrows, motioning her hands at us. " Well, are you guys just tutors or-I don't know-together?" Aunt May asked. Peter started to argue with his aunt, repetitively asking her to stop. She tried to shush Peter, apologizing. I just continued to watch and laugh. I need to come here more often.