P.P. - Unmasked

Not my photo and ion remember who it belongs to tbh soz

~

Peter, I swear you better be home this time, I think to myself. He's an idiot if he thinks he can leave me at Homecoming with no explanation. Or excuse, I should say. This whole week, he's been ditching me to run off to heaven knows where. And more than usually than in the last couple months. At first I was worried, but now I'm pissed. You'd think two years of us together, there would be some kind of trust.

Using the key to his home, that he gave me, I open the door. I notice it doesn't seem like anyone is home, after shutting the door behind me.

"What the fuck!" A voice yells.

I recognize it as May's. Worried, I quickly follow where the shout came from. Finally, I find her at the doorframe of Peter's room.

I join her and look into Peter's room, "May, what's wro-"

There stood Peter in a red and blue suit, that much resembled to that Spider-man guy from YouTube. However, Peter had the mask in his hands and seemed to be panicking.

"What the fuck!" I yell.

Peter throws the mask onto his desk and mumbles incoherent words to himself, whilst May and I stay frozen in our spots just watching him.

"Uh...it's a long story, so maybe you guys should get comfortable."

Shaken out of my trance, I gently pull May to Peter's bed to sit.

"Tell us everything."

~

After an hour of Peter rambling, I think it's safe to say both May and I are still confused and shocked.

"Peter...I just...I just need a minute to process all this," May sighs.

"I understand," Peter says solemnly.

"You okay staying in here?" She asks, turning to me.

"Yeah, I wanna talk to Peter."

She nods then turns back to her nephew. In the most motherly way, she kisses him on the cheek and whispers something to him. Peter nods, looking down at the ground in sorrow. Then with one final look, May leaves the room and closes the door.

I push myself off the bed to stand in front of Peter. He continues to look down, avoiding eye contact.

"Peter look at me," I say sternly.

Slowly, he lifts his head and our worried eyes meet.

"Peter, I don't want you-"

"Ugh, no! You know I have to do this! I can't just stop! Not after what I've just been through!" Peter interrupts, covering his face with his, still, gloved hands.

"You didn't let me finish," I say, pulling his hands away from his face and wrapping them around my waist. I bring my hand up to hold the side of his face, whilst the other holds the nape of his neck.

Staring into his eyes, I say, "Peter, I don't want you to think I don't want you to to be this. Obviously, I hate the idea of you being in danger and getting hurt, but I know you all too well. You're the most selfless and caring person I've ever met. Putting your life in front of others is instinctive for you. I know you can't ignore this, I know. That's one of the things that I love most about you. And if loving you means having to deal with villains and patching you up every night, then baby I'm in. I will support you no matter what. You got that, Spidey?"

"Yeah," He sniffs. We both laugh to ourselves, smiling through the tears.

"I love you, Peter Parker," I whisper, leaning in.

"I love you more," He whispers back before kissing a tear on my cheek.