P.P. - Party

I love Freaks and Geeks.

~

"Mom, I'll be fine...the smell of alcohol makes me sick...why would I have sex with a stranger? What kind of person do you think I am?...I would never do drugs...why? Because I prefer to get high on life," I roll my eyes. "Mom, I gotta go. I'll only be here for an hour or so, I just wanna see my friend and that's it...okay bye. Love you."

Once the call ends, I let out a tired sigh and shove my phone into my back pocket. My mom will never stop being over protective, even though she knows I would never do those kind of crazy stuff. The only reason I came to this party was to give my friend something. I'll be in and out in no time. Though, I guess it wouldn't hurt to stay for a little.

I walk up the steps of Liz's house, making my way around any dumb teens. As I enter through the door, loud music and chatter surrounds me. At a DJ table, Flash is doing his "thing", when he grabs the microphone and starts to chant.

"When I say penis, you say Parker! Penis!"

"Parker!" The crowd chants back.

Idiots. I feel bad for the kid who's called Penis Parker though.

Searching the house, I try to find my friend. I push into the crowd, eventually ending up near the snack table. Luck for me, my friend is already there.

"Ned! Hey!" I approach him.

He turns and smiles when he sees it me, "Hey! I didn't know you were coming!"

"Well, I wasn't going to, but I noticed you left your keys in the classroom today," I say, whilst fishing out his belonging. "It has a  Death Star keychain, right?"

"Yeah," He laughs. "Ah man! I've been looking for those all day! Thank you!"

"No problem."

I notice the guy next to Ned, looking around awkwardly. He must be the best friend. He's kinda...cute. I lean on one leg, waiting for Ned to introduce us or engage into another conversation, instead he stares at his Death Star and smiles like a goof. I clear my throat and nudge him with my elbow. He looks at me confused, so I nod my head to his friend.

"Oh, yeah! This is my friend Peter! Peter, this is my other friend!"

"Hi, nice to meet you," He says kindly.

"You too," I nod.

"Ned...could I talk to you for a second?" Peter asks, turning to Ned.

"Uh ye-woah!" Ned interjects as Peter pulls him to the side.

I watch as they whisper back and forth, almost as if they're fighting. It's not until someone speaks aloud, that I turn away from them.

"Party's lame, huh?" A girl with brown curly hair says.

"It's alright, I guess," I shrug.

"Nah, its lame. Only losers come to these things," She laughs.

"Then why'd you come?" I ask, confused.

" 'Cause I don't wanna be a loser for not coming," She cocks her head and walks away.

What?

Still confused, I turn back to the boys, only to see Ned standing next to me.

"Where's Peter?" I ask.

"Uh, he went to get a...drink?" He trails off.

"Okay," I reply, curious as to why he's lying.

"You know what, I gotta go use the bathroom. I'll be right back," He tells me and rushes off.

Well okay then.

For a while, I just watch all the drunk and stupid teens around me. I even watched "Dj Flash" chant out that "Penis Parker" crap again. I debated whether to just leave the party, but the thought of having to go through the crowd again made me queasy.

Finally, I decide to go out to the backyard for some fresh air. No ones out here, so I can just think in peace. It's pretty chilly, but I'd rather stuffer the cold than listen to another ridiculous song by Flash.

I look up to the sky, amazed by the many stars shown up tonight. Just as I'm about to turn and leave, a dark figure appears on the roof. I slowly approach closer, and notice hints of red and blue moving. I even hear incoherent words being said. Once I'm close enough, I see that the figure is a person. A person I've just met.

"Hi, um, I can see you, ya know!" I yell to the guy on the roof.

"Huh, oh!" He looks down to me and checks around him to see if I'm talking to him.

"Yes, you!" I roll my eyes.

He looks confused for a second, but panic rushes to him and he immediately tries to pull a mask over his head. However, only one eye meets its correct spot, whilst the other is on the side of his head.

"I-it's just me. Your friendly, neighborhood Spider-man!" He says in a fake deep voice, still trying to fix the mask.

"I know it's you Peter."

"Peter? Who is this Peter? I am Spid-WOAH!" He slips off the roof, and lands at my feet with a big thud.

"You okay?" I ask worriedly, crouching down to him.

"I-I'm still Spider-man," He groans.

~

Am I the only one who thought someone would probably see him on the roof?