//44//

Zombie and I walked to the place we got dropped off at and hid behind a big piece of concrete.

"It's all going to work out perfectly" zombie said as he caresses my cheek softly.

"I should of came alone" I mumble.

"No. It's me and you or nothing, I think we make a really good team" he grabs my hand that was a bit bloody from grabbing his wound.

"Yeah i think so too"

In the distance we could hear the helicopter getting closer to us.

"It's time" I took in a deep breath.

He grabbed my face and gave me a big kiss on the lips.

The helicopter landed and I helped zombie up and started running towards it.

"Where's the rest of your squad?" The soldier yelled.

"Dead!" I yelled as I helped zombie up. "He took a bullet on the torso and I took one on my left shoulder, I'm pretty sure tearing my bursa.." I explained.

This isn't good at all, the bursa is a sac that contains a certain type of liquid. It's a liquid that the tendons, joints, and muscles rely on. It allows my hand and arm to move freely and in ease, but now that I got shot it will probably not go back to the way it use to be.

We got back to base and immediately we were rushed inside and got separated from each other.

"Make sure zombie's okay" I said as I gripped my shoulder.

"Our main concern is you right now" one of the soldiers said.

"Cmon just take the dam bullet out" I said frustrated.

"If we rush it and don't take our time there's a 80% chance you're whole left arm will never be the same again" a different man said. I have never seen his face in my whole time here but he looked like a doctor or nurse.

"You don't understand, there's a fucking 50% chance zombie will die so you're main concern is him not me" I argued as I pushed away anyone who tried touching me.

"Listen, if we don't take that bullet out soon your arm is fucked, we have Dr.Pam and a few other soldiers helping out Zombie now let us help you out" he made it sound like he wasn't an other and was actually trying to help me.

"Fine" I groaned.

One of the soldiers quickly ripped off the fabric around my shoulder.

"Ready?" The nurse asked.

"Yes just go" I said.

He poured on some alcohol I'm assuming and it hurt so much more than I expected. I gripped my thigh and closed my eyes shut tight.

-

"The commander wants to see you" a male soldier said as she walked into the small room I was being held at.

I got up slowly and followed him to Vosch's office or whatever. Once I entered the room Zombie's head snapped towards me.

I sat next to him and gave him a worried look, he simply squeezed my hand under the table. Vosch walked inside and told the soldier to go away. He sat down and looked at both of us for a quick second.

"What happened out there?" Vosch asked.

"It was bad sir. We were surrounded, we tried to move to cover but as soon as we did, they were everywhere sir" he acted like he was hurt and was about to tear up. "Everyone was hit-"