Fact about me:

I remember being about 10 when my uncle made me rap for him and he told me to spit with out cursing but to use my mind. Use my vocabulary to expand and broaden my point of what I was trying say. So I'm struggling right lol, he's just looking at me and I couldn't do it...Being I didn't start writing raps till I was 9 and they were filled with mad curse words and just no word play at all.
He told me to go listen to Nas and learn how not only to story tell , but to use my poetry to create word play but use vocabulary I never used before so that meant I had to read the dictionary . And I did for about a month straight and I read the thesaurus until I felt like I was ready to write and I did .
Now 7 years later from that convo with him , when he calls I can spit with out cursing and with out the extra , I can actually form a metaphor or a simile.
My verses pack punches. I guess you can say more articulate with my verses instead of being blunt I learned how to play with the words enough to do mind tricks to who ever is reading it or listening to it and I'm proud of myself. Anyone who does something they know it's not a over night thing .
Practice , practice , practice . And rap battling boys at school helped me to , taught me how to think fast and not only think fast but logical.
Nas has played a big part in my development as a writer and rapper and a person period , when I bought his vinyl last year I felt like I bout the Mona Lisa or something that's how hype I was. To this day I read the thesaurus. Once you get into a habit of doing something it becomes a Daily thing.