Chapter 2

<pre style="line-height: 15.75pt; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"><span style="font-size: 12.0pt; font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin;">As we got to the house, I ran up to Carlota’s room. "Carlota, Carlota, Carlota!" I screamed as I ran up the stairs. "What, what, what?" She screamed back as I ran into the room and closed the door behind me, locking it and facing her with a huge smile on my face that hadn't disappeared since he’d kissed me. "Sergi...Samper..." I said, out of breath from all the running. She frowned: "What about him?" "He was on the beach!" "WHAT?!" She screamed. Now we were on the same page. "What happened? Tell me everything!"

I did so and she almost died when I said Bañuz was there. "Are you kidding me? I missed my Barça B and you saw them. Stupid project." I shrugged and smirked. Nothing we could do about it now. I smiled wide and looked down as I finished. "The point is he...he said I was attractive." I chuckled at the memory, feeling the shame take over me again even in front of my best friend. "And he kissed my cheek before he left." "Aaaawwww!" She screamed. "This sucks. You probably won't ever see him again." I smiled again as she stood up and started picking up her uni stuff.

"I wouldn't be so sure. It's in his hands, though.” She freezed with her books in her arms, frowning at me. “I gave him my number." "You did? And you didn't ask him for his?" "I didn't have my phone with me." "I'll kill you. You're depending on him! You have no way to reach him." "Yeah but this way I'll know if he's really interested. Let's call it serendipity." "Ugh. You and your romanticism." She rolled her eyes and I shrugged. I thought it better this way…

As we ate downstairs with all our housemates, my phone vibrated. I picked it up already wishing it was an unknown number. And it was. I looked over at Carlota and smiled. I opened the text and read: “Força Barça” I smiled to myself and decided to lock the phone and answer him later. I didn’t want to seem desperate. I kept picking at my food and Carlota interrupted my thoughts: “Was it him?” I looked at her with wide eyes: not in front of everyone. “Is that the guy that came up to you on the beach?” Asked Tomâs in his barely understandable English. “Yeah.” I answered shyly and looked down. “Oh he’s cute.” Added Mary and I looked over at her. She nodded and smiled at me. “Did you see my Bañuz? She says my Bañuz was there and I missed him.”

Carlota complained as the conversation took a turn and I stood up to clean my plate. I almost ran upstairs as I answered back: “Hala, Madrid.” I smiled and locked my phone again, looking at it intently as if begging for a response. Not two minutes passed that I saw the phone light up again: “My friends and I are going to the beach again on Friday. I thought maybe you could bring all your friends and we could all hang out together.” I covered my mouth quickly and squealed. He wants to see me again. And it’s perfect because I won’t feel the pressure of being alone with him and I can take Carlota with me for moral support. I went to the bathroom to leave him guessing for a few minutes before I came back to reply: “I think that’s a great idea. What time?” We started making the plans formal and a few minutes later, Carlota came in my room. “So?” “Oh you’ll like this…”

She sits down beside me on the bed as I continue: “Sergi says him and his friends are going down to the beach again on Friday. He wants me to bring all of you guys with me so we can hang out.” “Aaahhh! I get to meet my Bañuz!” she screams as she jumps to hug me. Just the reaction I expected. “I love you so much right now.” “I know, I know.”</span></pre>