Chapter 17

Sergi's P.O.V.

We sat next to each other as her new friend, Alba sat across from us with her boyfriend and also our mutual friend, Patric. Espinosa's girl sat beside her and casually made conversation with her. Patric and I were at the corner of the table so we stuck to holding our girlfriend's hands tightly in ours and wanting them to fit in as much as possible. I focused on Ana María's reactions to what was going on over the table and, since she already knew the guys pretty well, she was doing an excellent job of even integrating the other girls.

She occasionally looked over at me and smiled, squeezing my hand. I smiled back in reassurance and scooted toward her as much as possible. At some point, I got pretty bored with Bañuz's strange story about a fish he caught once so I let go of her hand and brought my arms around her waist. She leaned in to me as she kept listening to the story. I caressed her belly and she looked back at me, her eyes turning into slits. "What are you doing?" "Nothing. I'm just...I'm bored. Do you want to get out of here?" "No, come on Sergi don't be rude. This story is cool, I want to listen to it."

She turned back to Bañuz and even I was surprised. She was more cautious about my friends than I was. I felt her breathing on my chest and Bañuz's story turned out to be hilarious. As everyone received their food, the conversation slowed and we talked between us. "So, do you think everyone likes me?" She asked as there were friends of my teammates she hadn't met. "What, are you kidding? They like you more than they like me."

I answered as the surprise I'd planned finally arrived: Carlota and Marc had made it close to dessert. Ana María was absolutely shocked they were here. She hadn't seen her best friend in a while but knew she'd taken a photographic internship and had been living with Marc. We had decided we'd take a walk around the city after dinner. She came over to kiss Ana María on the cheek and Bartra greeted me with a handshake. Ours wasn't his regular crew but I'm betting he was doing it for Carlota's sake. She looked over at me as if asking if I'd done this and I shrugged. To my surprise, she squeezed my cheeks with one hand and pulled me to her, giving a peck on the lips. She smiled mischeviously, mostly to her plate of pasta, and kept eating.

Ana María's P.O.V.

I was not used to expressing my feelings in public. Obviously, the fact that I'd never had a boyfriend before contributed to the dilemma. A few other couples were stopping every few minutes as we walked to kiss each other. I was so uncomfortable, I kept looking down and finding any excuse to look away from Sergi. I saw my breaths coming out in puffs because it was the middle of February and it is really cold in Barcelona this time of year. Almost unbearably so.

Marc and Carlota were coming up behind us and she was giggling at something he said. He pulled her toward a handrail by her coat and pushed her against it, kissing her passionately. She started giggling in the middle of the kiss and he smiled, caressing her cheek with his thumb. They were madly in love and it was beautiful. I smiled to myself and kept walking hand-in-hand with Sergi, looking at the ground. I loved watching other couples being happy but I just couldn't bear the feeling of people staring at me while I did something that I considered very private.

"And they call us lovebirds." He scoffed and I looked over at him, smiling. He always knew what to say to make me relax. I squeezed his hand and we kept walking. The rest had caught up to us so we resumed our conversation. As I looked at all their faces, I realized I really liked this bunch and I could get used to hanging out with them...

He opened his apartment door for us and let me in first, as always. I brushed past him as I stopped right next to the coat hanger to leave my coat. "Here, let me get that for you." This, he didn't do always. And I would be lying if I said my hormones weren't going crazy and now, in the privacy of our apartment, my body burned for his. He brought his arms around my body and removed the buttons one by one. He took two more steps until our bodies were touching and I felt his breath on my face.

My heart raced as he finally let the coat drop to the ground and I was in my daytime attire. He took off his coat and dropped it also. He stepped toward me once again and started brushing the tips of his fingers against my bare arms. I giggled as all my hairs stood on end. He bent his head and brushed his lips against my ear. I sighed heavily because this foreplay was starting to be too much. Our breathing was irregular as he caressed my back and stopped just above my waist to untuck my camisole out of my skirt.

I lifted my arms as her brought the camisole up my torso and over my head, throwing it on top of his coat. He brought his arms around my bare belly and pulled me to him, bringing his lips to my ear to whisper: "I'd rather kiss you in private" he kissed me just behind my ear and I shivered "because I don't think I could control myself in public." He nibbled on my earlobe and that was it; I turned around in his arms and crushed my lips against his, tangling my hands in his hair. His hands moved further down and started squeezing my butt as I unbuttoned his shirt as quickly as possible. He pulled it off and threw it on the ground, anywhere it fell was good.

He started pulling me toward the bedroom and I couldn't take my eyes off his sculpted torso. What did I ever do to deserve making love with a footballer? He let go of my hands as he moved toward the dresser and undid his pants, opening the drawer for a condom. I unzipped my skirt and let it drop on the floor. I still had my heels on and I stood there in my underwear looking down, considering whether I should take them off or not. He was naked in front of me before I could think anything else. "Leave them on." He whispered as he pushed my body against the door, closing it and leaving us in complete darkness. Our eyes would take a while to adjust but I felt his tongue on my neck as soon as the door closed. I tangled hands in his hair and gave him better access, moaning in the process.

He moved one of his hands down to my thigh and pulled my leg up. I wrapped it around his torso and he caressed my leg, kissing me fervently. I wrapped my arms tightly around his shoulders and jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his torso. He carried me to the bed and we made tender love to each other...

He caressed the small of my back as I stroked his torso under the covers. He brought his other hand under his head and chuckled. I smiled and looked up at him: "What's so funny?" "It's just that...your underwear never matches." "Oh my God." I brought my hands to my face and covered it, feeling so ashamed. "I'm just not used to this. I never thought about my underwear before and I just..."

"Don't ever change that. If anything, it makes me want you so much more." "What?" I asked incredulously, looking up at him. "I find it so sweet and irresistible. It is the cutest thing ever and you are the single most amazing woman on the planet and I am so lucky to have you." I giggled and craned my neck to press my lips softly against his. "I love you too. So much. I am the one who doesn't know what she did to deserve this life you're giving me." "Being you is more than enough." He took my face in his hands and kissed me. He pulled me on top of him and we made love once again that same night.