Chapter 6

Ana María's P.O.V.

I pulled the window up and let him in. He jumped over the little sofa by the windowsill and looked down at my feet. “I had to make sure you were ok.” He said. I chuckled and looked up at him. I suddenly noticed he wasn’t smiling anymore and was looking at me intently. My smile disappeared accordingly and I braced myself. This is it. “I also couldn’t let you leave for the third time without…” He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to him.

Our lips millimeters from each other, I took a deep breath and before I knew it, his lips were on mine. I kissed him back slowly, testing this. He would never believe me if I told him this was my first kiss. And if I would’ve planned it, it wouldn’t have been this perfect. He wrapped both his arms around my body and eliminated all the space between us.

I slid my hands into his hair and kept kissing him. I smiled because I couldn’t contain my happiness and accidentally broke the kiss. He put his forehead against mine and I bit my lip. “What took you so long?” I smiled as he reached around me and closed the window. The noise outside was loud so they wouldn’t hear us but I could swear I heard someone crack open my door.

Carlota’s P.O.V.  

As I pushed her door open, I saw the sweetest kiss I had ever witnessed. They kissed tenderly but passionately, like two high-schoolers in love. She asked his what had taken him so long and he answered that he wanted it to be perfect. I couldn’t help but smile to myself as he closed the window from which he had come and his back was to me. Which meant Ana María was facing me. Her eyes popped open wide and she put her index finger over her mouth, begging me to be quiet. I nodded and she mouthed: “Thank you.” as Sergi finally took notice of me and turned around.

“Nicely done, Romeo.” I whispered. He bowed his head and chuckled as if thanking me. I disappeared from the room and closed the door behind me, locking it before doing so. I went over to the game room, where almost everyone was together except the ones that were already asleep, and let them know so they could cover for them just in case. “Aw! That is the sweetest thing ever!” “Took him long enough to kiss her.” Janina and Mary said one right after the other. I smiled and couldn’t help thinking that I wanted that. What I’d seen in that room was pure love. I could almost feel it in the air whenever they were around. What Bañuz and I had was merely physical and it didn’t satisfy me at all.  

Ana María’s P.O.V.  

We sat on the couch right beside the windowsill. As we got comfortable there, I pulled him to me by the collar of his shirt and kissed him again, smiling in between. There was a knock on my door and I jumped, clinging to him reflexively. I checked the lock and it was turned so no could come in and I let out a relaxed breath. Thank you, Carlota. “Lights out, Vadillo.” “Yes, Mrs. Soler.” I screamed back as my heart raced from breaking the rules. I wasn’t used to this…this rush.

I bit my lip and smiled wide as Sergi pulled me into his arms and I laid my head against his chest. “I have to go.” He whispered. “Ok. Thank you for...” He got up with me in his arms and I gasped, afraid of falling. “Sh.” He set me down on the bed and pulled the covers on top of me. “You heard the lady. Lights out.” He pressed a kiss on my forehead and turned to leave. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He whispered before pulling open the window and escaping from my room. I covered my face with my hands, biting my lip hard to fight the urge to squeal and break this deathly silence that had taken over the house…

The next day, I was out of my last class at 4. I was biting my lip while I pulled my phone out to text him. “My favorite Madridista.” I heard an all-too familiar voice say from down the hall. I looked both ways and finally saw him, leaning against the wall. Behind him, I saw two girls whispering and not-so-subtly talking about him. He came over to me and I looked down. He reached me and took my hand; it was only then that I looked up at him. “Hi.” I whispered. He leaned down and pecked my lips. “Hi.”

He laced his fingers with mine and we walked by the girls who waved more at him than at me even though they were in my class. “I hate your shirt, by the way.” He said matter-of-factly about my Real Madrid jersey. “I know you do.” “I was thinking I would take you to your apartment so you can take that disgusting thing off and we can go out tonight. All of us. Or any that can make it.” I scoffed at his comment and bit my lip as I thought I hadn’t gone out to any bar or club the whole time I’d been here and tonight was our night free of curfew. “Did you plan this because you knew it was our night free of curfew?” “Maybe.” He winked at me and I thanked God silently for having brought this perfect man into my life.