Chapter 19

Ana María's P.O.V.

I'd been throwing myself at him all night. At the beginning, he held back for fear of betraying his friend. But after a few drinks, that was all forgotten. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to him. He didn't even seem to care that his friends were right there. Not that they were paying much attention, though.

After a long exchange of flirtatious whispers, I asked him the decisive question: "Let's get out of here. Let's go to my apartment." I was sure he wouldn't question whose apartment it was. He nodded, a not-so-sober grin on his face...

We'd been purposefully brushing arms on the elevator and as soon as I opened the door, he pushed me against the wall and kissed me passionately. He started taking my heavy jacket off and I let him. I did the same with his much lighter leather one and took his face I my hands shortly thereafter. I slid my hands in his hair and tasted sweet revenge. If I meant nothing more than a casual hook-up, then that was exactly what I would be.

After groping each other and making out for a while, I stepped away and took my short shirt off. I proceeded to take the hem of his shirt in my hands and pull it up. As he stood there shirtless in front of me, I thought he made it very easy to want him.

I stepped closer and crushed my lips against his. He started pushing me toward the couch and I fell backward on it, letting out an involuntary squeal. He balanced his body on top of mine and lowered his head to kiss me again. We were making a lot of noise but I could swear I heard a door open.

Sergi's P.O.V.

What I saw in that room was something no man should ever see. The woman he loves lying half-naked under one of his "best-friends". He started kissing her neck and I just couldn't move. After a few seconds, I found it in me to slam the door.

They both jumped and when she saw me, her eyes were huge. "Sergi." This guy that used to be someone I looked up to got up from the couch in one jump and faced me, his face one of utter shock. "Samper, listen, I..." The rage I'd been containing came out in a puff that propelled me toward him and I punched him in the gut before he could say anything else.

"Sergi, no! It's not his fault. It was me. I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking." Ana María was still in her bra as she got in the way of me and him. Sergi started coughing, doubled over and grabbing his stomach. She started comforting him and I couldn't take this anymore: "Get out of my house, Sergi Roberto. Before I punch the crap out of you."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I heard her whisper to him. He shook his head reassuringly and finally gained enough composure to stand up straight. "Are you ok?" "Yeah, I'm fine. It's nothing. I deserved it." He puffed out. "Get...out." I could feel myself losing control and if he didn't leave right now, I would jump on him.

She took his shirt from the floor and gave it to him. He slipped it on and whispered one last apology before scurrying away, grabbing his jacket on the way out. I looked at her and she was biting her lip, trying to cover her body with her arms, her chin almost touching her chest in shame. I turned away to give myself a chance to breathe and closed the door.