Chapter 12

Ana María’s P.O.V.

We’ve been together for two months now and I can safely say they’ve been two of the happiest months of my life. We did have our footballing and regular boyfriend-girlfriend differences here and there but all in all, it has been wonderful. I was sitting against the headboard, doing my homework and smiling to myself just thinking about him.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated with a text message. My smile got even wider when I saw his name. “Training let out early. Let’s do something. I’m coming over.” I hurried to text back because I had a lot of work to do for tomorrow. “I can’t today. SO…MUCH…HOMEWORK. D:” I texted back.

I got an incredibly fast reply. “I’m coming over anyway. I just want to be with you.” I rolled my eyes and bit my lip. A few minutes later, he was pushing my window up and coming in, closing it behind him. I usually left it unlocked for him now.

I gave him a sad look as he made his way to the bed and I leaned forward to let him sit behind me. He slipped behind me and took my body in his arms. “I have to write an essay, I have so much French homework it’s not even funny, I have to…” He shut me up with a kiss and I gave in.

I pushed away my books and heard them crash on the floor without giving a damn. I rolled on top of him and kissed him back, tangling my hands in his hair. We haven't yet and we had decided we would wait but my body is starting to get impatient for his.

He finally pulled away, his arms still around my waist and I laid on top of him. “I’m sorry. I’m distracting you.” I hummed complacently and kissed his cheek. “You are. But that’s not always bad.” “Come on, let’s get back to work.” I moaned, complaining. “Noo. I want to stay like this with you.” I kissed him again and now I was the one that wanted to skip the schoolwork.

“You’ll regret it tomorrow and you will want to kill me. I don’t want that. Come on.” He started to get up, grabbed the books from the floor and sat back against the headboard. He put the books in front of me and pulled my body to him so I could prop myself against his chest. I did so and kept working on my exercises, feeling his breath on my neck which was horribly distracting.

After I finished, I said some sentences in French out loud to see if he understood but as he looked at me with a weirded out expression, I laughed and he shoved me playfully. I took his button-down shirt in my fist and pulled him to me, kissing him. He smiled and broke the kiss and suddenly, my phone rang.

I wrapped one arm around his neck and answered. "Hiiii, Anaaa!" I heard my sister's voice and the smile on my face widened. "Hii, Isaa! Wassup?" "I was wondering if you could Skype." I let go of Sergi's neck and looked into his eyes, a little scared. I didn't know if my parents were there and they would see Sergi in my room, suspecting the worst as any parent would.

He shrugged and nodded encouragingly. "Are mom and dad there?" "No. They went out." I breathed a sigh of relief and took my laptop from the desk, flopping back down on the bed as Sergi pulled me to him. "I'll be calling you in the next minute." I flipped open my computer, got comfortable against Sergi's chest and called her. She answered and I saw her headboard, getting nostalgic. She started waving hyperactively and I smiled at Sergi. He chuckled and looked back at the computer.

"Hii!!" She screamed. “Hi, Isa. This is the famous Sergi. You finally get to see his face.” I pointed to him and he smiled. “Hi there. You feeling better?” He asked after he’d waved. “Yeah. Thanks for asking.” She cupped her hand beside her mouth as if he couldn’t see her anyway and whispered: “He’s cute. Looks like a keeper.” My little sister never fails to embarrass me.

I covered my face with my hands and Sergi brought his arms around me. “Well, thank you.” He chuckled. I removed my hands and looked up at him. He smiled at me and we were interrupted by an: “Aaawww! You guys are so sweet together.” I smiled and looked down in shame. Sergi pulled me closer and I looked back at the screen to my little sister who was all smiles.

“Take care of her, okay? She seems strong but she’s actually very fragile. You break her and I will personally hunt you down.” She said in a serious tone but then laughed. Sergi laughed too and added: “I’ll protect her. Don’t you worry. She’s safe with me.” I looked up at him and, all of a sudden, felt his lips on mine.

The kiss was short but my sister was still there. I buried my face in his chest and wailed: “Sergiii. You know I’m desperately shy.” “That was the sweetest thing ever!” I heard my little sister through the speakers. “I’ll leave you guys to it. I gotta go now. Bye, sister dearest. I love you.” “I love you, too, Isa. Take care.” “Bye, Sergi. Nice meeting you. Take care of my sister. Byee!” The call hung up before he could respond.

[…]

Ana María’s P.O.V.  

I woke up and noticed I’d been sleeping face-down, feeling the cold sheets against my naked body. Sleeping face-down and naked: two things that aren’t very common for me. I was in that groggy state of half-consciousness and wasn’t very sure where I was as I opened my eyes and saw a night-stand that wasn’t mine.

It took me half a second to remember. I flipped my head to the other side and there he was, sleeping like a baby. I smiled as he snored softly. The sadness that I was leaving today suddenly overcame me and I slid closer to him. I started moving his hair away from his forehead and he kept sleeping. I rolled my eyes and slid even closer.

I pressed my lips against his temple, his cheek, his jaw and he finally woke up. “Good morning.” I whispered. He smiled and stretched before saying it back. I propped myself up on my elbows and he slid his arm under me so I would rest on his chest. I slid over to his side and rested my head on his chest, feeling my bare breasts press against it. We smiled at each other in part because we were happy about how perfect our first time had been and in part because we were sad that it would also be the last for a very long time.

He bent down and pressed his lips against mine. I kissed him back without hesitation. “I love you. I don’t want to leave.” I stroked his arm and kissed his chest. We were covered by the sheets only up to our waists as I rested my cheek on his chest and he stroked the other one gently. The silence that followed my words worried me. There was something he wasn’t telling me. I looked up at him again and saw it clearly in his eyes. “What is it?” “We…we need to talk.” A rush of coldness ran through my body as I sat up, covering my body with the sheets, and broke all contact with him.

Those are the four most perilous words. They could only mean one thing. He sat up too and faced me. “If you want to leave it like this then tell me because I’ll disappear from your life right now.” I said, feeling as though my heart would come out of my mouth. “Ana María, that’s not it at all.” He said as he scooted closer to me and reached out to caress my cheek. I should’ve turned away but I looked into his eyes and there wasn’t any intention of letting me go. “Last night was…” he seemed to search the Heavens for some way to describe how special last night had been. “…one of the best nights of my life. I just wanted to tell you that…I’ve been in contact with your parents these past two weeks.” My eyes widened and my mind screamed: what?