Chapter 28

Last Chapter:

Ciel's POV

That is when I saw his eyes go wide as well and a smile came upon my face as I put my head on my fist which was resting on my chair because he knew the answer to my question.

--------------------------------------------------------

Natsu's POV

Ciel was smiling at me for some reason and it was making me wonder if I should've waited to come to his study.

"Do you mind telling me the reason why she left the Heartfilia estate?" He asked

All I said was "Her Father."

I then turned around and left the room not wanting to talk about it any longer because I knew that Lucy didn't like talking about it either.

As I left and I closed the door behind me to see Sebastian standing outside the room with a questioning look.

"What?" I asked.

"What do you mean by her father was the reason why she left?" He asked me with a questioning look still present on his face.

"She told the rest of the guild and me the reason when we were getting attacked by another guild." I stated in a little annoyance.

"What does that have to do with her father?" He asked.

I looked up at him and said "He was the one that sent the guild to attack us and kidnap Lucy from us. After we got her back from them she went to her father and talked to him. We thought she was going home and staying so we went after her to find out she wasn't staying but she just needed to tell her father."

"So if she is a daughter of a noble then why is she a mage? I don't believe her father would've allowed his daughter to become one." Sebastian said

"Her mother was a mage just like her and she was the one who gave Lucy her first key but it's gone now." I said

Gray's POV

"So what will happen to Lucy?" I asked and everyone looks at me. Then we heard laughter coming from behind me and we all looked at Ruby.

"What's so funny?" Levy asks and all Ruby said was "It's going to be fun watching you all break down about your friend, Lucy who will never make it home."

"We will find a way to get her back to us." Erza states

Ruby said "Even if you do get her back to this world which you won't, she would be in a state of shock for a long time. As long as it takes for her to wake up from that state, that could take years."

"So if we do manage to get Lucy back here she would be frozen in time as our time moves forward? We wouldn't be able to talk to her or anything?" Wendy said

Ruby smirked saying "Exactly."

I saw Levy crying and Gajeel was trying to calm her down as Ruby said "That doesn't mean you can't talk her through lacrams though while she is in the other world."

Just as I was about to say something Ruby disappeared into thin air.

Original Date Posted: Sep. 7th, 2016

Updated: Jan. 3rd, 2022