Fourteen

"It's you?" She asks and then continues to babble asking questions, "How didn't I know? Wait, how'd you know? It makes so much sense now, like your voice and your attitude. You like neighbor me but not PT me so now you must not like me at all. if you knew it was me then why didn't you say anything? Wait- you're really good, like, your voice is really good. Did you know that? Obviously you must have known that since you just sang with me. That was really sweet by the way; can I say that? I don't want you to hate me more than you already do so I take it back, you aren't sweet. You are a burley football playe-"

Alec cuts her off and goes on his own rant, "You told me about your YouTube channel and I looked it up. I still don't know how we've never seen each other. I don't hate you, I really like you but I didn't want to think about itI didn't say anything because I wanted to do this and surprise you. I wasn't really aware that I was a good singer but you never complained about it and I'm glad that you thought it was sweet and I seriously don't hate you at all. I never really gave you a chance before eI knew it was you but I never hated you. I just knew you were there to keep an eye on me and I don't like being reminded of my shoulder because I love football and my injury can ruin my dream. So you being there is almost like rubbing the thought of failure in my face and I know that you're just trying to help and trust me, that shoulder massage was great and really helpful-"

He stops his own talking and looks for Lola's reaction and she had a soft smile playing at her lips as she listened to him talking.

They stood there for a moment silently looking at each other.

"We uh, should probably get back to the table." She mentions quietly before leaving and doing exactly that.

As she walked over she saw the look both her friends gave her. It was a 'we'll be discussing this later' look. Once she sat down everybody told her she did a good job and did the same to Alec when he sat down as well. Zachary was sure to mention that he never even knew he could sing but he just shrugged in response.

^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Whale, whale, whale. Here we are. There are about 3-5 more chapters left so you guys have to wait and see what's in store. 4 chapters in one day was my goal so I'll probably write the rest today and release them throughout the week... Or all in one day.

Xox0