Bonus Chapter #2

Lola's POV

I loved my job to the absolute ends of the earth and I knew Alec felt the same way about his. So while this was a fact, it made it seem like we were holding off on actually getting married. The amount of actual planning for it also made it seem that way. We were busy people and we didn't really have all that much time to plan a wedding. I get it, that's why there are wedding planners but even then there are still difficulties. It was hard to say when we were going to legally be husband and wife but it already seems like we are considering we live in the same home.

One thing that I'm grateful for is the fact that I get to see my handsome fiancé just about every day. Many of the other guys's wives and family's didn't get to go to their out of state games where as I -being their emergency physical therapist and quarterback's fiancée- was able to travel with them. I actually felt kind of bad about it since I knew how much the women would miss their husbands and boyfriends but after talking to most of them they'd assured me that it was fine because it was technically for work.

The media was, quite frankly, over us and I couldn't be happier. Seriously though, there were way more interesting things to talk about than our engagement. Now that it's over and out of the way, it's great. We can go out and do stuff without having pictures taken of us and pointing out whether or not I was wearing my ring.

I knew we needed to pick out a date, he knew we needed to pick out a date but we haven't picked out a date.

"Do you guys even have a time frame?" Scarlet asks me over the phone.

I sighed, "No. The season's already started up and there's no way we're going to be able to have it any time soon."

"Look, I'm not saying you should get it done and elope but it seems like you're dragging it out."

"You don't think I don't know that?"

Here I am, standing in my kitchen talking to my best friend that I haven't seen in months about my wedding that is nowhere near planned.

"Everything is fine between you guys though, right?" She then asked.

Without a second passing I immediately answered, "Of course, we couldn't be happier!"

"Except if you were married."

That was just the thing. Sure, we'll be happy when we're legally married but it isn't like much is going to change there. So yeah, for it to be official, that'd be great but we really are fine just the way that things are.

"I'll let you talk when Reece slips a ring on your finger." I told her wickedly.

"Hey- Isn't Alexander supposed to be home right around now?"

The very second I try to switch the dang subject to her she has to keep it on me and my relationship. Why? I have no idea but it was starting to really get annoying considering.

"Give him about thirty more seconds."

Alec liked to have a schedule for almost everything which also means he likes to be on time for everything. He gets home at a specific time every single day depending on which day it is. It's good for me too I suppose. He's never been more than a few minutes late so if that ever changed I'd be extremely worried.

"Lola, we've been on the phone for at least an hour and a half; an hour ago you would've cut the call since he would have gotten home."

She was trying to tell me that he was late.

"Scarlet, that's not possible. It's Tuesday and he gets home at 5:30 on Tuesdays." I insisted to her.

"It's Wednesday."