Bonus Chapter #1

Lola's POV

Our new home was nice, just as nice as the engagement ring that was sat upon my left ring finger. Our engagement was being kept pretty secretive from pretty much everybody, mostly the media. I mean, it was already known that we were a couple -a highly liked couple- and the buzz that would surround us was going to be unexplainable. We both knew it would happen but realistically Alec was more "safe" about it than I was because I didn't really care if anybody knew, mostly I just wanted everybody to know how happy we were.

Before any of you get any ideas, I'm not getting pregnant any time soon. Sorry to disappoint but both of us are really just kickstarting in our careers and we should really be getting situated and comfortable with them before we even think about anything along the lines of kids... plus, I wanted to get married first.

The press had more of an eye on him than they did on me but even then it didn't come as a shock when I saw myself on the cover on a magazine and a zoomed in picture of my hand. The picture had been taken when I was doing what any normal person does and was grocery shopping, maybe I'd have to start getting the stuff sent to the house instead. It was one thing to see other (higher class) celebrities on magazines and looking at them as you stand in the checkout of a supermarket but when it was your own face... it was the weirdest thing ever. I couldn't even figure out why this was front page worthy news.

When I'd made it out of the store I immediately called Alec.

"Have you seen the cover of "Star Lately Magazine"?" I asked him as I set bags in the trunk of my car.

His voice came through the phone, "No but are you about to tell me what I think you're about to tell me?"

A sigh escaped my lips, "I'm on the cover and apparently my ring is a bigger deal than Amelia Turner cheating on her husband."

"Well, you are prettier than Amelia... Hey, it'll be okay. It was going to come out eventually right?" He then asked me.

In his brain I was the one with the "public issues".

"Of course it was, you're the one that I figured would be freaking out." I told him.

He didn't say anything for a moment, "I just know how mean the media can be, I don't want you in the spotlight of all that."

Not paying attention I slammed my trunk shut, making me flinch from the force. "I'm not some porcelain doll Alexander. I know what the media is like just as well as you do and whatever happens with us is going to be out there whether you or I like it or not."

"I get that... just drive home safe okay?"

Yes, because I'm a horrible driver.

I found myself squinting my eyes as though he could see me, "Okay." I clicked end call, "Drive home safely." I mimicked.

Yes, I did drive home safely and when I got there I unloaded my car and brought the bags inside expecting a silent house. That's not at all what was happening.

Why did I ever think that moving here would make my life quieter?

The source of the noise was coming from the living room and even though just about every inch of my body wanted to go see what was happening, I didnt. I went into the kitchen to put everything away properly like some weirdly fancy adult. Okay, maybe a normal person put away their groceries immediatly when they got home... good lord I'm so boring.

The noises just sounded like a bunch of talking and some of it sounded as though coming from the tv. I was interested in whatever was going on but minded my own business up until I was done. Realistically I probably shouldn't have to mind my own business in my own home but it's still a bit weird to be living with somebody else. Maybe Alec didn't want me to be in the room, I was just being respectful...