Chapter 2

A/N: Daniel Walsh is above!

In the men's locker room of South Street boxing ring, 23 year old championship boxing star Daniel Walsh sat tapping his fingers with his earphones blaring out music, getting him pumped up. Daniel tapped his feet to the fast drumbeat and looked up when a pair of brown shoed feet appeared in his line of sight. He pulled his earphones out and looked up at his black haired and grey eyed manager/coach, Max Zander frowning down at him as he grinned back, "Yo."
"I've been looking for you for 10 minutes man, the fight starts in 5 and we've got two reporters for NY Times after that." He listed, tossing Daniel's gloves at him, "Move your ass."
Daniel caught them before standing and jumping in the spot, stretching his neck muscles, "Remind me who this guy is again?"
"French. Luis Ylann, 26 years old, 6 foot 4 inches and undefeated back in Paris. Keep an eye out for his left hooks, his left side is his favourite. Don't forget to keep your guard up unlike last time." Max gave him a look and Daniel grinned sheepishly, "Sorry, you know how excited I get."
"Yes, and the more you do the more reckless you are." He scowled, "I don't fancy having to sit in the Intensive Care Unit again for another 4 hours."
Daniel slipped his gloves on and patted Max's shoulder, "You won't man, promise."
"Yeah, I better not. Let's get going." Max sighed, tossing Daniel's red hoody to him with his logo of a navy blue eagle in flight and white outlines with Walsh in navy blue and white curved over the top of it. He pulled the hood up and turned to take his gum shield from the small red box Max was holding out to him. He hopped from foot to foot as he went along the corridor, he had so much pent up energy he could barely stand still. Smacking his gloves together, he smiled, he'd been in need of a good fight for a while. A bag was fine once in a while, but sometimes he needed an opponent that could fight back.
Cheers and chants filled his ears as he walked out into the stadium. He looked around at the screaming fans, posters and flashing lights of the paparazzi as he made his entrance. As he jogged down a small isle, he greeted fans and posed for a few photos and selfies people were taking on their phones. Just outside the gap by the ring, he spotted a pair of bright brown eyes peeping up over the barrier watching him with awe. Daniel smiled at the small boy, he must've been around 5 or 6 years old and was wearing a T-shirt with Daniel's logo on it. He jogged over to the little boy and knelt down in front of him, holding his mitt up for a fist bump. The young boy excitedly met his fist with his own, a giant grin on his face as his father patted his shoulder. Daniel grinned back at the kid, ruffling his messy brown hair before standing and waving to more of his supporters before turning back to the ring where his opponent was standing watching and ready. Daniel smirked before following Max to the ring and jumped over the ropes, shrugging his hoody off in his corner.
"Don't forget what I told you Danny." Max said from outside the ring.
Daniel smiled, "Yeah, yeah." He sighed, tightening his gloves, "What was it again?" He teased. Max glared at him and Daniel laughed, tossing his hoody at him, "Kidding!" He yelled over the cheers and the announcer before he jumped to the middle of the ring, staring down the Frenchman before him. They bumped fists as the ref instructed before Daniel smiled slightly, "Good luck."
"You too." He nodded, his voice dripping with a French accent. They backed away from each other and brought their hands up to guard their faces. Daniel was practically bouncing on the balls of his feet restlessly before the bell finally chimed and they lunged. He landed a punch on Luis's stomach. The Frenchman retaliated by aiming a left hook at Daniel's arm shielding his head. Daniel watched his arm carefully, 'Keep an eye out for his left hooks.' Max's voice echoed in his memory. He stiffened his arm but still felt the full force of it and stumbled, blinking furiously. His vision swum slightly, the other man's blue mitt had caught the side of his head, knocking his sense of direction. He staggered back to lean on the ropes for a moment and shook his head to clear it, aware the ref was beside him, making sure he was still able to keep going. Daniel smirked once he could see clearly again, 'Now this is more like it!' He mentally whooped before going in for another hit, adrenaline pulsing through every vein in his body. He went at Luis with full force, throwing punch after punch without giving him time to react. Daniel caught his chin with a right handed uppercut, knocking him onto his back. He stayed down only for 4 seconds before he was back on his feet, seeing Daniel grinning widely at him, he was loving this.