Chapter 6 Under The Mistletoe

It was Christmas, and for once Sans had gotten up early to open the presents they had gotten each other. They had to go to Undyne's party later that day, and Frisk was a little worried that she would stick out like a sore thumb. But she had to go, she as getting a little lonely and stir crazy with only the skeleton brothers for good friends.  She was still in the pyjamas she had bought at the market when she propped herself up on the couch, looking at the small christmas tree in the corner. Papyrus was up soon after, dragging Sans down the stairs. Frisk giggled the she saw papyrus struggling to get his brother on the couch. "I don't want to get up yet" Sans complained. Frisk rolled her eyes, "It's only for today, you're such a lazybones." Sans grunted in reply, and groggily sat himself down on the couch beside Frisk. Papyrus bounced up and down, smiling widely. "CAN WE START NOW? I WANT YOU TO OPEN MY GIFTS FIRST!" Frisk laughed, "Okay Pap." Sans and Frisk found Papyrus's presents under the tree and he tore them open. Papyrus had gotten Sans a joke book, claiming that 'it would hopefully have better jokes in it than the ones Sans had', and he gotten Frisk a sweater that looked a little like the one that she had been wearing since she fell into the underground. Grillby had given them all gift cards, and Undyne had gotten Papyrus a shield to practice with, Sans a whoopee cushion, and Frisk a thank you card for saving her, along with a little box of cinnamon buns. Then it was Frisk's turn. She pulled out the two thin boxes she had for each of them, and handed one to each of the brothers. "I made both of these a few days ago." She said, "I hope you like it, it's just my way of saying thanks for everything that you've done." Papyrus opened his present first, it was a knitted sweater with the words coolest dude stitched onto it. "I thought you would like this since you have a t-shirt like that, but you can't really wear that much here in Snowdin." Papyrus smiled, "THANK YOU HUMAN, I APPRECIATE THIS PRESENT!" Then it was Sans's turn. He opened up his present, and held it up to see it in the light. It was a painting, made with delicate brush strokes, of Papyrus, him and Frisk. Sans stared at Frisk, "It's beautiful..." he said to her, "I never knew you could paint like this!" Frisk smiled, "I did a lot of painting before I came to the Underground." He nodded, "C-Cool, now I have something for you." He hadn't wrapped it in a box, instead, he simply pulled a delicate looking necklace out from his pocket. It was a blue heart that glowed warmly, it resembled the one she already had. "Merry Christmas, here." Sans said, putting the necklace over Frisk's head. He looked at Frisk, grinning, "Perfect."

It was later in the afternoon, and Frisk sat alone in the corner of Undyne's house. She had been at the party for almost two hours, and taking to people had been nice for a while, but then Undyne left to mingle, and so did Papyrus, so she was left alone to talk to people, which just made her feel awkward. Sans had disappeared at the beginning of the party, so now Frisk just sat in a chair near the dining room, minding her own business. She didn't really mind, but eventually, she began to get bored, so she stood up in search of Papyrus. She walked through the house when she heard loud tapping on the ground. She turned around to see Sans, his head against the wall and his eyes closed, listening to the music from the speakers. He opened one eye and grinned when he saw her. "Hey" he said nonchalantly, "How are you enjoying the party?" Frisk shrugged, "It was fun at first, but then Papyrus and Undyne left, and of course you just disappeared. Where were you anyways?" Sans looked behind Frisk's shoulder, breaking the eye contact they had. It was subtle, but Frisk noticed. "You know..." he said, "I was just wandering around, looking for snacks." "But all of the snacks are by the front door" Frisk said, studying Sans, who still didn't eat to look at her in the eye. "Well I didn't know that." he said back hastily. Frisk decided to question him later, and instead smiled. "Okay you goofball." Frisk turned to continue looking for Papyrus or Undyne, when she saw everyone staring at her and Sans. He turned and noticed as well, and someone pointed up towards the ceiling. They both looked up at the same time and saw a little mistletoe plant hanging from the ceiling. Sans scratched the back of his head awkwardly, "Y'know, I would kiss you, but I have no lips." He laughed, trying to break the tension. Frisk considered that, looking around at the partygoers watching them, and stepped closer to Sans. She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before stepping back. Sans blushed bright blue, "You didn't have to do that." He said. Frisk smiled, proud that she was able to make Sans blush. "Hf course I did, we were under a mistletoe." Sans nodded, his blush fading, "Yeah, okay. Now going to get out of here, I totally wasn't putting pranks all over this house, but in case Undyne starts to scream, I don't want to be around." He walked past Frisk, but she followed him. "I think I'm going to leave too. Want to go to Grillby's before Papyrus decides to go home and cook dinner?" Sans stopped and nodded, waiting for Frisk to catch up with him, "Sure, let's go use your gift card." Frisk laughed as she followed Sans out the door, "My gift card? No way, this is on you, or I'm telling Undyne what you did." Sans asked at Frisk, shaking his head, "You evil, evil human."