Chapter 21 Kissed In The Moonlight

Frisk was getting weak. She was getting slower and sluggish, but the more she fought Flowey, the more she learned about all of his tricks and how to avoid them. She noticed that little hearts danced around her attacker, and every so often, one of them would disappear, and suddenly, she would feel stronger and less afraid. After a long time, as more of the souls disappeared, she tried hitting Flowey, and she saw him wince. She could finally hurt him, and she continued to hit him whenever she could, though she knew in her heart that in the end, she would show mercy no matter what.

Sans teleported like a maniac. He went to every house in Snowdin, Waterfall, and even Hotlands, and then he started teleporting through the forest. It took forever, but as he got deep into the heart of the forest, he heard faint screaming. "FRISK?" Sans called out in the direction of the screams. He didn't hear a reply, only more screaming. He teleported into the woods where the trees were so close together that he could barely stand. But he kept going, until he saw a part of the woods that was completely pitch black, almost as if it was covered in a dome. He teleported into it, and he landed on the edge of the dome-like void. When he saw Frisk, he didn't yell, because he saw a gargantuan monster attacking her, and her attacking back. He didn't know what this thing was, but he knew that he had to help Frisk. He waited for a moment, then sprung into action, summoning his gaster blasters and firing them at Flowey.  He turned to look at Sans, before he cried out in pain from the impact of the blasters. Then, He called out to Frisk, "C'mon, keep going, I'll watch your back!" Frisk's eyes widened at the sight of the skeleton, but nodded gratefully. He could see blood and dirt all over her hands and legs, but she sprung at the flower, using one of his thorns that had fallen on the ground to stab at him. Frisk jumped over one of Flowey's thorns, and rolled onto the ground to avoid waves of fire. She wanted to get closer to where the other souls had been before they had disappeared. But before she could go far, a wave of knives shot at her, and she scrambled backwards. When she had ran away from the knives, she had gotten a look at Flowey's face (if you could call it a face).  It was a big screen, with his distorting features changing on the screen every so often. "Sans!" She called to the skeleton, who was shooting gaster blasters around the room, "I need to get up to that screen, it's too far for you to reach with your blasters, so cover me!" Sans nodded from where he was standing, and starting firing gaster blaster once again, raising his hands to move knives and thorns away from him whenever Flowey tried to attack him. Frisk saw  that Flowey had long vines sprouting thorns that almost made a staircase straight towards his screen. She took a running jump, and landed on one of them, then climbed onto the next. She felt it shaking violently, then Sans shot at Flowey, which distracted him long enough for frisk to climb onto the next vine, and jump to the next one. Then, she scaled a long skinny one that led up to Flowey's screen, but a wave of thorns shot at her, and  she swung on the vine to dodge. She could see the screen now, it was only a few feet away, but she saw fire from the corner of her eye, and it was coming straight towards her. She didn't have enough time to finish climbing, so swung on the vine one last time, before letting go and flying through the air. At the last second, she swung the thorn that she had in her hands at Flowey's screen with as much force as possible, and it lodged itself into him. She hung on for dear life, but as Flowey's screen began to crack and he withered in pain, the thorn was becoming looser and looser. She cried out for help just before the thorn fell out of the screen, and Frisk fell, if she hit the ground she would die. She saw the ground getting closer and closer to her, before Sans teleported underneath her, and caught her before she could hit the ground. The sudden impact made Sans fall to the floor with Frisk on top of him, but they were both alive. After that, they watched at Flowey screamed, before  shrinking, and slowly turning back into the little yellow flower that he had always been. "What should we do now?" Sans asked.  Frisk walked up to Flowey, who was now defenceless. She knelt down, and smiled, "I spare you." Flowey turned to look at Frisk, "What are you doing, do you think that I've learned anything from you and that stupid skeleton?" He asked. Frisk didn't reply, he spoke again, "Why?...I'll kill everyone, everyone you love to restore order!" Frisk just kept on smiling. "I can't understand" The flower cried, "I just can't understand!" with that, Flowey disappeared into the earth, and the black dome that surrounded Frisk and Sans disappeared, and they were left in the forest again. Frisk collapsed into Sans's arms and began to cry. Sans smiled and hugged frisk back, and the two of them sat on the forest floor like that for a while, before Frisk explained everything that had happened to Sans. "You came." Frisk said quietly at last, once she was finished recounting the story, "Why? You risked your life!" Sans ran his fingers through Frisk's hair, trying to calm her down, "I had to come, I knew that something had happened to you." Frisk sniffed and the tiniest bit of a smile appeared on her face "Thank you." She said in a voice that was barely a whisper. 

Frisk and Sans stayed in the woods for a few more minutes, before Frisk looked up at Sans with her big, brown eyes. "Sans, you had something to tell me before this all happened." She said. Sans nodded, "Yeah, I did. You also had something to tell me." "You go first." Frisk insisted. Sans took a deep breath, and moved so he was sitting beside her. "I know that you'll probably think that I'm an idiot or something, but I think that I'm falling for you, really falling for you. You're so caring and positive, and you've brought the entire Underground together. I-I love you." Frisk looked at Sans for a moment, before she went closer to him and softly pressed her lips against his teeth. A second later, she pulled away, and they were both blushing. "I think I love you too." She said. Suddenly, a wide grin appeared on Sans's face, he stood up and picked Frisk up front he floor and spun her around. She cried out in protest. "C'mon!" He said happily, "Let's go get a late night snack at Grillbys, this calls for a celebratory cup of ketchup!" Frisk laughed, and allowed Sans to teleport her away. Despite her scabs and bruises, she was truly happy.