Chapter 17 Everything Has Changed

Frisk knocked on the door to Sans and Papyrus's house the next morning, clutching a piece of paper in her hand. When the door opened, she saw Sans grinning with one hand in his pocket. His grin faed when he saw her. "Hey..." Frisk walked past him, "Wheres Papyrus?" She asked, her voice cold. "You heard didn't you?" Sans asked. Frisk turned to look at Sans, she didn't look mad, just disappointed, which hurt even more. "Wheres Papyrus?" She repeated. Sans shrugged, "I think he went to go train with Undyne." Frisk nodded and walked up the stairs of the house, disappearing into his room before coming back out without the slip of paper in her hand. Sans was waiting for her when she walked back down the stairs "Frisk, you have to understand..." Frisk interrupted him, her calm and diplomatic exterior fading . "I already do understand, you lied! You lied to your friends, to your own brother, and about something so big when you know I wouldn't want you to." Sans shook his head, "There was a reason, I swear!" Frisk threw her hands up in the air, she was getting herself worked up. "And what was your reason for not telling me?" "This isn't just black and white okay?" Sans said defensively. Frisk shook her head, and Sans saw tears welling up in her eyes, "I wanted this to be a great week." She said quietly, "I'm turning eighteen in four days, but now it's pretty much ruined. Now I can't be in the same room with Undyne, Alphys or Papyrus without them asking about 'us' and making me think about this entire thing!" Frisk ran to the door, "I thought that I could come back here and make this right, but clearly I was wrong. I'm sorry if I'm being dramatic." With that, She ran to the shed, her tears spilling onto the snow.

Sans waited almost an hour before me teleported to the shed on the side of the house. He landed in the shed silently, and he saw Frisk, her knees pulled tight against her, crying softly.  He took a few steps towards her, and then a few more, and he saw that Frisk was half asleep despite it only being morning. She had had a rough night, despite trying to think of good things, she still had a terrible sleep. "It's okay." Sans said quietly as he crouched down on one knee beside Frisk. "No it's not." she said through her sobs. "It may not be okay now, but it will be." Sans said reassuringly, "This will be all figured out by the day of your birthday party." Frisk looked up at Sans, "Party? Why would you do that?" Sans laughed, "Because it's your birthday! Even if you're mad at me, that doesn't mean I can't throw you an epic birthday bash". Frisk gave Sans a small smile, and wiped away some of her tears "I'm not mad at you." she said "I'm mostly just mad at myself. I'm to blame for all of this miscommunication too." Frisk put her head down, "I'm sorry for getting so mad, I'm a bad person". "Hey." Sans said, sitting beside Frisk, "Don't be dramatic, you're not a bad person at all, we all get mad, I deserved it. The reason I didn't say that we weren't together was because I was worried for Papyrus. He been getting along so well with Undyne and Alphys, but they've been really annoyed with him for being so spontaneous and jumping to conclusions. You know how hot headed Undyne can get, I didn't want my brother to start fighting with his friends."  Frisk put her head of Sans's shoulder, and he wrapped his arms around her, using his hand to wipe away the tears that were coming down her cheeks. "You were just trying to be a good brother." Frisk whispered, "Of course you were. But we can't just say that we aren't a thing now. Should we pretend to be together?" Sans thought for a moment, then nodded, "I-I guess we can for a few days, as long as you're okay with it. But what did that paper you put if Papyrus's room say?" Frisk shrugged,"It was just asking Pappy to be a bit calmer about the whole situation. Even though I was really upset, I knew that you could have had a reason for saying the things that you said, so I didn't try to contradict you or anything." Sans smiled and let go of Frisk, standing up and stretching out his hand to help her up. "Thanks, that was nice of you." Frisk took Sans's hand and he pulled her up "No problem, boyfriend." She said, making kissy noises like Alphy's and Undyne had. "Hey!" Sans said "You don't need to talk like that unless people are around! And besides, I thought you were opposed to this entire thing!" Frisk chuckled a bit and walked out of the shed ."I know and I am." she said as she looked over her shoulder at Sans, grinning cheekily, "I'm just saying that because I can tell that it annoys you. I still haven't completely forgiven you y'know." Sans rolled his eyes, and used his magic to close the door of the shed before Frisk could leave. He walked up to her and took one of her hands, she was against the wall with him just a few centimetres from her face. "Okay, girlfriend." He said, smirking. He then flicked Frisk's nose with his free hand, laughed, and teleported the two of them home.

When Frisk and Sans had teleported home, Sans immediately went to get a drink of ketchup, and Frisk sat on the couch, examining the house. "Nothing has changed, and yet everything has changed." She said to herself, in barely a whisper. She smiled to herself and chuckled a bit, "How bad can dating Sans be?" she said. A second later, Sans walked into the living room with a cup of ketchup and a bag of chips. He sat down beside Frisk. "Hey" He said, putting the chips down so both he and Frisk could have some, "Were you saying something, I thought I heard you talking." Frisk shook her head and took a chip, "No, you must have just been hearing things." Sans nodded, believing her in a heartbeat, and they sat on the couch, eating and talking. A few minutes later, Frisk and Sans heard someone walking up the stairs to the house, and Sans quickly put his arm around Frisk "Ready?" Sans asked, giving Frisk an encouraging smile, she nodded, and scooted closer to Sans "Ready as I'll ever be, you're lucky that I'm a good actress."