Chapter 20 From Out Of Nowhere

After all of the partygoers had finished dancing and eating the cake Grillby had made (Frisk had been sad to see the two layered white and clue cake get cut into pieces, but she took the biggest slice anyways), Frisk opened presents. She got a whole pile of wrapped boxes, filled with gift cards to the market, sweaters, books and a lot of other things. Sans could tell that Frisk was a little overwhelmed, but when he looked at her, showing his concern, Frisk shook her head and smiled, so Sans was glad that she was having a good time. Undyne had gotten her a long spear for any 'emergencies', Alphys had upgraded the old phone that she had fallen into the underground with, Grillby got her a gift card to his restaurant, Napstablook got her headphones, Mettaton got Frisk a 'fabulous' glittery phone case, and Papyrus got her a new pair of red boots that matched his. Then everyone turned to Sans, who had his hands in his pockets, grinning lazily. "Oh, is it my turn?" He asked. The group nodded, and Sans stood up, "I didn't get Frisk a present all wrapped up in a box." He announced loudly, "But I think that this is even better." He cleared his throat, "I have something to tell all of you. I know that Undyne, Alphys and my brother have been saying that Frisk and I are a couple, but we aren't, we never have been. We're just friends! So that's the first part of  my gift, and the second is something that I composed." Sans trapped the trombone that he had beside him, and put it up to his teeth. "This is song is called 'The Determined One', I hope that you like it Frisk." Sans began to play in a soft pitch and a low tone. The song was slow at first, and seemed a little somber, but it got louder and faster, until the final few notes were slow and quiet like they had been originally. The song was like Frisk's time in the underground. People thought that she wouldn't be strong or smart enough to survive, but even when things were hard and she had to be fast on her feet, she would always stay determined, but in the end, she would always return back to her roots and stay a pacifist. After the song was finished, everyone int he room clapped, and Sans felt arms around him, and saw Frisk giving him a giant hug. "I thought that people would get mad at Papyrus if you told them the truth." Frisk said, still hugging Sans. He laughed, "I talked to Alphys Undyne and Papyrus separately, it took them a lot of convincing, but now they know what happened, and they're okay with it." Frisk laughed and finally let go of her friend, "Thanks, that was sweet of you. And that song as amazing." Sans blushed a deep shade of blue before the music turned on again, and people started crowding around the two friends, all of them wanted to dance with the birthday girl. Sans smirked, "Go dance" he said before his eye turned blue and he teleported away. Frisk smiled to herself, and went to go socialize.

It was getting late, and Frisk had taken some time to herself to get away from the party. She only intended to be less than ten minutes, but on her short walk, she saw flower petals leading into a darker patch of the woods. They seemed to glow, and when Frisk picked one up, they were soft and inviting, and she felt the urge to follow them. She walked deeper into the woods, until she had lost track of the time, and the trees were so thick that she couldn't see the sky. But she continued on, until the flower petals stopped in the middle of a clearing. Frisk stood there for a moment, snapping out of the daze that she had been in, and was about to head back when she heard a voice behind her. "Howdy!" The voice said cheerily. She turned around, and saw a little smiling flower, "I'm Flowey, Flowey the flower!" Flowey said. Frisk smiled, but she was beginning to wonder why she was here. "I just wanted to wish you happy birthday!" Flowey continued, still smiling, "And I got you a gift!" Frisk was a bit less worried now, and when Flower lifted some of his petals towards the sky, dozens tiny flowers, seemingly shrunken by magic, fell down towards her. Frisk's eyes went wide as she admired the flowers, that must have been her gift, and she reached out to grasp a flower in her hand. But the moment she did, her arm recoiled, and a seething pain shot up her arm. She turned to look at Flowey, and saw that his face had contorted into a demonic smile. He let out a cackle, "My gift to you is a trip out of here." Flower said darkly. He began to grow in size, and he cackled again, "You won't be in the Underground when you're rotting in hell!" Flowey had turned into a gigantic beast, towering dozens of feet above Frisk. All that Frisk could see besides Flowey was an endless void of darkness, and when Flowey screeched, it shot across the room "You're turning the Underground soft! In this world" Flowey's voice slowly became darker and darker, before it was demonic,"It's kill or be killed!" In a swift motion, Flowey sent a series of bullets at Frisk, and she ran away from them a few of them barely missing her feet. "Help!" Frisk called into the darkness. "Theres no one to help you now" Flowey growled, fire flickering in his eyes.

Sans was more than worried. Everyone had left the party, and Papyrus had fallen asleep, and still no Frisk. Sans teleported outside, and called Frisks name a few times. When there was no reply, Sans shook with fear. He knew that something was wrong, Frisk wouldn't have gone far without telling him. Sans didn't know where to look for her, but he knew that he had to go. With a flash of blue light, the skeleton's eye turned blue, and he teleported into the unknown.