Chapter 22 The Aftermath

When Frisk and Sans got home, they didn't even bother to explain anything to anyone. Sans, who had been carrying Frisk, set her down on the couch and put a blanket over her. Her stood above her, until he quickly placed a kiss on her forehead, before teleporting to his room. Frisk smiled, and drifted off to sleep.

In the morning, Papyrus tackled Frisk when she woke up. "HUMAN, YOU'RE SAFE!" Papyrus shouted gleefully, "I WAS SO WORRIED, WHAT HAPPENED?" Frisk shrugged, she didn't want to make a big deal about anything. "I ran into some trouble with a monster, It's all okay now." Papyrus smiled and nodded, knowing not to press further. "OKAY, THAT'S GOOD. I MADE BREAKFAST!" Frisk tried not to sigh, "Is it spaghetti?" She asked. "NO!" Papyrus said, which shocked Frisk a bit, "I'M MAKING EGGS AND TOAST, A SPECIAL MEAL FOR A NEW ADULT!" Frisk laughed, "This 'new adult' needs to go to work." She replied. At that moment, Sans walked into the room, his hands in his pockets. He smiled brightly at Frisk, before he let Papyrus give him a hug. "I thought you weren't going into work today." Sans said, "You're hurt, you can take the day off. I would use any excuse to get a day off, you're lucky." Frisk shook her head, "I have to start paying you guys, and besides, I'm not going to go in for the full day, I'm going to rest until lunch then head in. I have to show up, it's the first day!" Sans smiled, "Okay, just don't work if you don't feel good." He teleported to Frisk, and took his hand in hers, looking at the cut that ran along it. He put frisk's hand up to his teeth, and kissed the wound lightly. Frisk blushed, and kept a hold on Sans's hand. Papyrus raised a non existent eyebrow at Sans and Frisk, "ARE YOU TWO ACTUALLY DATING OR NOT?" Papyrus questioned. Sans laughed, "We weren't dating until yesterday, it's a long story." Frisk turned to look at Frisk, her face a dark shade of pink, "W-we're dating?" Sans turned a bit blue, and shuffled his feet, "If you want to be, yeah." Frisk smiled "Sure." Papyrus laughed, "NYEH HEH HEH, YOU TWO ARE SO AWKWARD AND IT'S AMAZING! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, OFFICIALLY DECLARE YOU BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND, YOU HAVE TO GO TELL ALPHYS AND UNDYNE WHEN YOU GET THE CHANCE. BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THE DAY AFTER WE FIND OUT THAT YOU WERE NEVER ACTUALLY DATING, YOU START DATING!" Frisk and Sans laughed, and Papyrus went back to cooking. Sans and Frisk sat beside each other at the table. "So...boyfriend." Frisk said teasingly. "Hey, you can't use the name boyfriend to tease me anymore, now I'm actually your boyfriend." Frisk smiled, "Fine". The couple sat together in silence for a minute, it wasn't an awkward silence, it was a calm and pleasant one, but soon, Frisk broke it. "I remember when I said that everything had changed." She said quietly, "And I was right, it's changed for the better." Sans smiled, gripping Frisk's hand in his, " Yeah, I hope things stay like this forever."

That night, Undyne had a sleepover at her house. When she and Alphys had found out about Sans and Frisk being a couple, they had laughed and congratulated them. The friends had ate pizza and played video games for a portion of the night, and to celebrate old times, they had started a game of truth or dare. It landed on Alphys, and Sans was giving her a dare. "This is revenge for last time." Sans said, "I dare you to kiss Alphys!" Papyrus clapped his hands, and for the first time in what seemed like forever, Undyne blushed. "I-I don't know if Undyne would be okay with that." Alphys said. Undyne smirked, and kissed Alphys on the lips, making Alphys turn red, "Who told you that? Sans, you didn't even need to dare me to do that!" She said. Alphys giggled and smiled for the rest of the night, until it was time to go to sleep. When everyone was sleeping, Frisk went outside and sat on the stairs, looking at the crystals on the ceiling  that reminded her of stars in the sky. She looked over, but was surprised when Sans teleported beside her. "Hey."She said. "Hey." He replied. Frisk clasped Sans's hand, and they sat for a moment, before Frisk smiled at Sans, "I have a present for you" She said. Sans cocked is head "What is it? Did you buy me something after you finished work?" Frisk shook her head, and turned around. When she turned back to look at Sans, she had her red amulet in her hand. She put it over Sans skull and let it fall onto his shirt. "There!" She said, "Now you have a red one and I have a blue one." Sans smiled and cuddled up beside Frisk, "Where would I be without you?" He asked. Frisk shrugged and put her head on the skeletons shoulder, "I don't know." She replied, "But without you, I know that I wouldn't be the same. My soul and heart aren't complete without you Sans. Without you, I would just be flesh and bones."

                                                              --The End--