Chapter 15 Two Truths And A Lie

Sans had gone to bed right after Frisk had, and the two of them woke up at around the same time. It had been two days since Sans or Frisk had had much of a conversation with Papyrus, he would keep asking about them being a couple, and then Frisk and Sans would pretend to be asleep when Papyrus tried to bring Undyne and Alphys over to their house so they could bombard the two of them with questions. But when Sans woke up and rubbed his eye sockets, he saw Papyrus looming over him, with Alphys and Undyne waiting by the door of his room. "PAPYRUS!" Sans said loudly, jumping a little, "What are you doing? Why are Undyne and Alphys here, it's so early?" "IT'S NOT EARLY, IT'S ONLY SIX IN THE MORNING!" Papyrus said. "Then I should be able to sleep for six more hours!" Sans replied groggily. "NOPE!" Papyrus stated, grabbing Sans and pulling him out of his bed. "Wait, I haven't changed yet!" Sans said, as Papyrus dragged him out of his warm covers. Alphy's and undyne laughed and went downstairs to wake up Frisk, and Papyrus kept on dragging Sans with surprising strength. Sans struggled against his brother, it was too early and he was too lazy to use his magic, so there wasn't much that he could to to stop his brother. He grabbed a shirt off of the floor with his free hand, the continued to try to break free of Papyrus's steel grip.

"Wakey wakey" Frisk heard two soft voices saying to her. Her eyes fluttered open, and she saw Alphys and Undyne "Oh, hi guys." Frisk said, sitting up on the couch "I didn't know that you were coming over, what time is it?" "It's still pretty early." Undyne said, "But we have to talk to you." Frisk nodded, and wrapped her blanket around herself "Okay. I can make you guys coffee or something if you want." Alphys nodded, "Sure, do you have snail flavoured coffee like the type from mew mew kissy cutie?" Frisk stood up, her blanket dragging on the floor. "No, sorry Alphys we just have regular coffee." she said with a laugh. Frisk went into the kitchen and opened the pantry to search for coffee beans, when she heard shouts coming from the other room "Papyrus, just let me go for a minute!" "NO, THIS IS IMPORTANT, WE MUST HURRY!" "Why?!" Frisk closed the door to the pantry and sighed, walking back into the living room, "What is it now..." Frisk inhaled sharply and blushed, seeing Sans's ribcage as he fought with his brother. "I'm going to go finish that coffee." She said with a strained laugh. She turned on her heel and practically ran back into the kitchen. Why does Papyrus have to do this? Frisk thought as she hastily prepared a few cups of coffee. He has to go out of his way to make it seem like I'm dating Sans! Why would I want to date him? He's so lazy and annoying...and funny...and nice...and cute...snap out of it! Frisk went to the kitchen sink and splashed some water onto her face. Snap out of it.

When Frisk walked back into the living room carrying five cups of coffee on a tray, she saw Sans, now wearing a white shirt, sitting in between Undyne and Papyrus, who each had a foot on one of his feet so he couldn't stand up. Alphys was sitting beside Undyne, lost in thought. "Heres the coffee." Frisk said, setting the tray down, and picking up a mug for herself. For a second, she made eye contact with Sans, and he blushed, his cheeks turning a dark shade of blue. Frisk turned her attention to her coffee, It's still weird that his cheeks turn blue. She thought to herself. After the group had taken a few sips of coffee, Papyrus broke the lingering silence "SO, BROTHER AND HUMAN, HOW WAS YOUR DATE LAST NIGHT?" Alphys and Undyne "Oohed" like schoolgirls, and Frisk sighed, knowing that Papyrus still thought she and Sans were a thing. "It wasn't a date Pappy." Frisk said, trying to be calm. "I HEARD YOU WENT TO WATERFALL, PRETTY ROMANTIC!" Frisk blushed, "Who told you that?" She looked at Sans, and he smiled apologetically. Frisk sighed and put two of her thumb and index finger on the bridge of her nose, it was too early for any of this, and she wasn't really a morning person, especially when she woke up at six in the morning. "For the last time, Sans and I are not dating okay? We. Are. Not. Together." "It's okay to be a little embarrassed, we understand" Undyne chirped. "Yeah!" Alphys added, "You two have kissed before, and Pap told us all about you guys!" Papyrus nodded, and Frisk knew that if they said one more word, she would snap. She hadn't gotten mad at all before, but this had been going on her too long and she was sick of it. "You know what?" Frisk said, grabbing her blue striped sweater, "I'm done. I'm going to go over the the arts shop to talk about the job I applied for." "ISN'T THE STORE CLOSED UNTIL SEVEN THOUGH?" Papyrus asked "IT'S ONLY SIX!" Frisk walked out the door, '"I don't care." she said as she closed the door. She walked over to the window at the front of the house, and stood beside it so she could hear her friends talking on the other side. She intended to go find out if she had gotten the job that she had applied for, but she wanted listen to her friends conversation first. "BROTHER, YOU AND THE HUMAN ARE DATING, RIGHT?" She heard Papyrus ask. There was silence for a second, then she heard Sans speak slowly. "We have kissed before." He said. That was the truth, they had kissed under the mistletoe and because of a dare. "And we like spending time with each other..." He continued. That was also the truth, even though they spent time together as friends. "...But our relationship is complicated." he finished. That was a lie, it wasn't complicated at all, they were friends and that was it, and Frisk was mad that Sans was still stringing Undyne, Alphys, and Papyrus on like that. She had tried to tell them that they weren't together, and if Sans had just said that as well, they probably would have believed him, but know they were complicated. Frisk walked off to the arts and crafts shop. She would find out if she got the job and then she would go anywhere else but the skeleton brothers house.