Chapter 12 Ketchup

"French fries or Burgers?" Sans asked Frisk. "French fries." She said immediately, remembering the savoury potatoes she had eaten so much on the surface. Sans nodded, "Okay, two bowls of fries and a cup of ketchup." He said to Grillby. He nodded, and disappeared behind the bar. "Ketchup?" Frisk asked him, "Why'd you get a cup of ketchup, theres some right here." Frisk pointed to the bottles of ketchup and mustard in front of them, and Sans shrugged. "I always get ketchup from a cup, it's more civilized." He replied, putting an emphasis on civilized. A second later, Grillby appeared with their food. Sans picked up the cup of ketchup and drink from it, and Frisk giggled. Sans put down the ketchup and looked at Frisk "What's so funny?" He asked. Frisk shook her head, "It's nothing. I've seen you with cups of ketchup around, but I didn't think you'd ever get it to drink at a restaurant." Sans picked up the squeeze bottle filled with ketchup, "Understandable. Speaking of ketchup, do you want some on your fries?" Frisk nodded. Sans squeezed the bottle over Frisk's fries, but a very large amount splattered onto Frisk's food. Frisk sighed, "Really?" Sans looked and Frisk, then swapped their fries. "Here, take mine, I like this much ketchup on my fries anyways."  Frisk nodded, then carefully put a little bit of ketchup onto her fries. "Thanks Sans, we'll have to do this again and ketch-up." Sans laughed and Frisk patted her shoulder. "I'm getting better at puns" Frisk said. Sans nodded, "Yeah, I really like your animal puns the most, they really quack me up." Frisk laughed "This is un-bearable!" "I find this amoosing!" "toad-ally!" 

Frisk and Sans ate until they were finished, then stood up. "Put it on my tab Grillby." Sans said, nodding to the bartender as the two left. They made the short walk home, where Papyrus sat on the couch. "HELLO HUMAN AND BROTHER, HOW WAS YOUR DATE?" Papyrus asked as Frisk and Sans walked into the house. "Pap, it wasn't a date." Sans said. "OH REALLY?" Papyrus asked, raising a non existent eyebrow, "THEN WHY DID FRISK FALL ONTO YOU, AND WHY DID YOU HAVE TO HOLD FRISK AS YOU WIPED AWAY THE INK ON HER FACE. AND WHY DID YOU SHARE THE ONLY UMBRELLA?" "Pappy, were you spying on us?" Frisk asked, peeking out from behind Sans. "NO..." Papyrus replied. Sans walked over to Papyrus, "Pap, don't do that, and don't try to make Frisk and I a thing when we're not, we're just friends." Papyrus moped, "BUT YOU TWO WOULD BE GREAT TOGETHER, I WOULD KNOW, I AM THE GREAT PAPYRUS!" A second later, Papyrus stood up taller, with his hands on his hips, newfound confidence in is eyes. "I'M NEVER GOING TO STOP UNTIL YOU TWO ARE A COUPLE!" He declared, "I WILL ONLY LET FRISK SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST, AND THATS MY BROTHER!" Sans sighed loudly, "Will you settle down if I kiss Frisk?" He asked. "W-What!?" Frisk said, stepping away from the skeleton brothers. Sans looked towards her and winked, and Frisk calmed down a bit, maybe Sans had a plan to satisfy his stubborn brother. "I SUPPOSE..." Papyrus said, thinking a bit. Sans nodded. "Okay..." Sans turned to Frisk, and took both of her hands "Trust me." He said, so quietly that only Frisk could hear. Sans pulled Frisk close, and she saw his eye turn blue. A handful of dust was floating in the air, right beside Papyrus, who didn't seem to notice. A second later. Sans kissed Frisk on the lips, but Frisk noticed that Papyrus had sneezed right before the kiss, closing his eyes and putting his head into him arm. Since he wasn't looking, Sans put one of his finger bones in between Frisk's lips and his teeth so they didn't actually kiss. When Sans released her, Frisk sat down on the couch, and she saw Papyrus, looking disappointed. Papyrus clapped, "THAT WAS GREAT! I DIND'T SEE IT, SADLY, BUT IT WAS GREAT! NOW I CAN TELL EVERYONE THAT YOU'RE A COUPLE!" Frisk shot up from the couch, "No, that wasn't part of the deal!" Papyrus opened the door and skipped off, "YOU KISSED, YOU HAVE TO BE DATING, WELL I GUESS SANS DOSEN'T HAVE LIPS, SO YOU TECHNICALLY DIDN'T KISS, BUT STILL!" Papyrus shut the door behind him, and Frisk put a hand on her head "What are we going to do now?"

Sans was on the phone with Papyrus, trying to get him to come back home, and Frisk was in the bathroom. She turned on the tub, and let warm water flow into the bath until it was up to her ankles, then, she took off her socks, rolled up her pants and put her feet in the water. She sat on the edge of the bath, letting the water swirl around her ankles, it reminded her of the beach, something that always put her mind at peace. But it wasn't working, she was still thinking of Sans. She weighed the pros and cons about him in her head. He was a skeleton and she was a human for one thing, he was 19 and she was 17, he slept in a lot. But he was also kind to her, and he made her laugh, and saved her from danger, and put a roof over her head. She thought more and more until she heard a knock on the bathroom door "Anyone in here?" Sans said from the other door "Yeah." Frisk replied quietly. "Oh...can I come in?" Sans asked. "Yeah." Frisk said again. Sans opened the door and saw Frisk sitting with her feet in the bathtub, and he looked at her, "Are you okay?" Frisk sighed, "Not really, I'm just stressed, my mind is all over the place." Sans nodded as he got out his toothbrush and put a dab of toothpaste on it "Y'know, I understand if you don't want to talk, but a cup of ketchup always helps me think." Frisk nodded "Okay, I guess I'll try it." She walked out of the bathroom, and put some keyup in a little plastic cup. Then she took a small sip and smiled. Sans was right, ketchup really did help.