Chapter 1: Coffee Shop Soundtrack

---

Should I write myself, out of the history books?

-

"Vic! Victor, get up!" I wake up to my little brother banging on my bedroom door.

"What do you want?" I groan pulling a pillow over my head.

"Coffee. Get me coffee." He whines.

I sigh, pulling the pillow off of my head.

"Why can't you get it yourself?" I moan, annoyed.

"I don't have a car." He calls back.

I roll my eyes and sit up before pulling the covers off and getting out of bed.

"Vic." Mike whines again, banging loudly on my door.

"I'm coming. Jeez." I chuckle. I swear to God he has an unhealthy obsession with caffeine.

I walk to my bedroom door and open it, revealing an annoyed looking Mike.

"Took your time." He huffs.

"Remind me why I let you move in." I say rolling. my eyes.

"Because you're my loving brother and you love me very much." He grins.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." I mutter under my breath, pushing him out of the way.

I walk into the kitchen and go into the cabinet where I keep the instant coffee. I groan when I realize we're out.

"Mike, did you drink all the coffee?" I ask frustrated. This just isn't my morning.

"Maybe." He shrugs.

"Coffee House it is." I mutter, referring to the small coffee shock nearby.

I walk back to my room and go into my wardrobe. I pull out a change of clothes before leaving my room and going into the bathroom. I have a quick shower and get dressed before detangling my hair and leaving the bathroom. I go back into my room and grab my wallet, my phone and my keys. I slide them into my pocket and walk out of my room.

"I'm going to Coffee House. I'll be back in fifteen." I explain to Mike.

"With coffee?" Mike asks hopefully.

"Yes Mike, I'll be back in with coffee." I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"What's up your ass? Or should I ask whose ass are you not up? Seriously bro, you need to get laid." Mike chuckles.

I shake my head in disbelief.

"Remind me again why I let you move in." I say again.

"Because you're my loving brother and you love me very much." He chirps.

I roll my eyes before leaving.

I pull up at Coffee House and kill the engine before getting out of the car and walking into the busy coffee shop. I walk up to the counter and order a frappucino for me and a cappuccino for Mike. A few minutes later they call my name and I go get the two drinks.

Wanting a break from my already stressful morning, I take a seat at an empty table. I sit and sip my drink, not really caring that Mike's coffee with probably be cold by the time I get home. He deserves it for being such an annoying little shit.

I finish my drink and stand up before I start making my way out of the store holding Mike's coffee. As I'm walking towards the door, my phone vibrates in my pocket. With my free hand, I grab it and pull it out. It's a text from Mike.