Chapter 2: Keep The Change, You Filthy Animal

---

The smile you fake, the steps you take,

you know you never could get it right.

And talk is cheap so make believe, your secrets find the grave,

It's too late, you gave up your last chance to walk away.

-

"Vic! Vic!" I wake again to my brother banging loudly on my bedroom door.

"What?" I groan.

"I want coffee." Mike whines.

"I bought coffee last week." I sigh.

"We're out." Mike says innocently.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I mumble into my pillow.

I sigh and get out of bed.

"Alright, I'm coming." I groan.

I get changed and fix my hair before grabbing my phone and keys. I then walk out of my room and Mike's waiting just outside the door.

"Let's go." I demand and Mike follows as we leave the apartment. We get in the car and I drive off. I notice Mike fidgeting.

"Can you sit still?" I ask irritably.

"No, I need coffee." He snaps.

I'm a little taken aback at his sudden bitterness.

"Mike, how much coffee did Mama let you have when you lived with her?" I ask skeptically.

"None, I wasn't allowed to have any caffeine. Mama said it was bad for me but I just got it off of my friends every now and again. Now that I'm living with you I can have as much as I want." He grins.

"Oh, okay." Maybe he shouldn't be having so much caffeine.

I shake the thought out of my mind as I pull up out the front of Coffee House. I turn the car off and we get out of the car. We walk into the establishment and line up at the counter. Mike taps his foot impatiently and I look at him derailed. What has gotten into him?

The lady in front of us is done ordering her coffee and Mike and I step up to the counter. I am surprised to see that the person serving us is in fact Kellin.

"Hey stranger." I grin and he smiles seeming generally happy to see me.

"Hey Vic, funny seeing you again." He grins.

"Didn't know you worked here." I state.

"I got the job yesterday." He smiles.

I'm about to respond but Mike interrupts.

"Vic, I need coffee." He whines.

"This must be the annoying brother." Kellin laughs and Mike glares at me.

"Annoying is the understatement of the year." I snort. "Mike this is Kellin, Kellin this is my not-so-little little brother, Mike."

"Ooh, Vic is this your boyfriend?" Mike asks shaking Kellin's hand.

"N-no." I stutter feeling my face heat up.

"We're just friends." Kellin replies seeming more calm and collected than I am.

Friends? I like the sounds of that.

"So what would you guys like?" Kellin asks.

"I'll get a tall flat white and Vic will get a frappucino." Mike says a little too excited.