Chapter 4: The Irony Of Choking On A Lifesaver

-

Stop fucking around with my emotions

I like you better when you're numb

I'm sick and tired of false devotion

Devote yourself to moving on

---

Kellin's POV

Calvin storms angrily out of the room as I lay on the floor in pain. I didn't mean to get home late. I told him I was sorry but he just wouldn't hear it. Does he even love me anymore? I bring my hand up to my head that is bleeding steadily. He just wouldn't stop hitting me. I should have just come home early. I should have kept an eye on the time. I'm so stupid.

I sit on the floor for what feels like forever, just too scared to move. I'm in so much pain and if Cal's still angry then I'll probably be in even more pain if he sees me. A few more minutes later, the door opens and I cower away terrified. Calvin walks in and looks at me apologetically. He walks over to me and kneels down in front of me. I whimper, praying that he won't hit me again.

"I'm so sorry, Kellin." He murmurs seeming genuinely apologetic.

I look into his dark eyes and his eyes go wide at the sight of the cut on my head.

"Oh princess, I'm so sorry. I'll make this better." He says standing up before going over to the medicine cabinet.

He pulls out the first aid box and comes back over to me. He pulls out an alcohol wipe and a butterfly closer. He brings the alcohol wipe to my forehead where it's bleeding. I wince in pain but he's soon finished. He then puts on the butterfly closer before kissing the wound.

"I'm sorry, Kellin. This was the last time, okay? I'll never lay a finger on you again. I promise." He says sincerely and I nod. Maybe he's telling the truth this time. Maybe he'll actually change.

He pulls me into his comforting arms and I rest my head against his chest.

"Are you cheating on me?" Calvin asks, something that he asks whenever I'm late home or whenever I go out without his permission.

"No, no. I would never do that to you. You're my one and only." I whisper.

He rubs my back gently before sighing.

"I believe you. But you'd tell me if you wanted to leave me, right? You'd tell be if you were unhappy with me?" He asks.

"Yes, I would. But I'm really happy with you, I don't think it'll get to the point where I want to leave you." I say truthfully.

"I'm glad. Because no one is going to make you happy like I make you happy. No one." I can sense the warning tone in his voice so I just nod so he doesn't get angry again.

"Do you love me?" I ask in a whisper.

"Of course I do. I love you so much Kell." He murmurs.

"I love you too." I smile lightly and he kisses my head again.

"I'll take you to bed so you can rest and I'll cook us dinner, yeah?" He says and I nod.

He lifts me up in his arms making me wince slightly. My entire body is aching from Cal as per usual. Nevertheless, I hug him tightly as he carries me to our bedroom. He places me in our bed and pulls the duvet over me and tucks it under my chin. He smiles down at me and pecks my lips before leaving.

I sigh as I relax into the pillows. I love it when he's being caring. He was so pissed off earlier. He probably was paranoid that I was cheating on him. I would never do that to him though. I love him so much and he's always been here for me. Plus, lord knows that no one else would want me. I'm so grateful that Cal puts up with me. No matter how many times I fuck up, he's always going to be here. He'll never leave me.