Chapter 12: Runaways

-

Far from home, but in the dark you'll know,
With me you've got nothing to fear.

---

I anxiously check the time. I had given up on dinner a few hours ago. It's nearly three in the morning and Cal's still not home from work.

I'm worried. I'm scared he's gotten hurt. I'm scared he's cheating on me. I'm scared he's left me and he's not coming back.

Before he had left for work, we had a massive argument. It started over the fact that I haven't been very affectionate with him lately. I can't help it. With the constant doubtful thoughts and the lack of a connection, I've been standoffish and that includes sex.

I can understand why he's so upset. I've always been all over him ever since we met even though he's not the same way towards me. For the sudden drop in affection, he must feel like there's something wrong.

He's paranoid that I'm going to leave him and I'm not going to lie, I've thought about it. But the thought makes me sick and I feel shitty for it even coming to mind. I couldn't be alone and I've never loved anyone else before, I don't think it's possible to love anyone else. Cal and I have been together for so long. I couldn't throw that all away.

He didn't hit me before he left which I wasn't expecting but he did say he was going out after work. He had then saw the anxious look on my face and assured me that he wasn't going to sleep with someone else, he just needed some space.

But it's now 3am. How much space does he need?

It's another hour until he stumbles through the door. I sigh relieved feeling a weight fall off my shoulders. At least he's safe.

"Hey baby." He slurs.

He drunkenly stumbles over to me and puts his hands on my waist.

"Lets get you to bed." I sigh.

"W-wait. I have to tell you somethin'." He grins. "I-I was at the club and this girl, she wanted to have a sex with me."

My stomach drops and I want to tell him to shut up before he says something that I don't want to hear.

"A-and I told her no because I told her that I had to go home and have sex with my Kellin. See baby, I don't want her, I want you." He explains relieving me and warming my heart.

"That's great, Babe. Lets get you to bed." I smile.

"Come with me." He snaps.

I nod and follow him into the bedroom. He sits down and I take his shoes off. He then takes his shirt off and after his shoes are removed, he takes his pants off along with his boxers. He's now
completely naked and I roll my eyes.

He lays down on his side on top of the duvet, his arm supporting his head.

"Can I have a kiss?" He chirps and I nod smiling.

I lean down at he grabs the back of my neck kissing me roughly. He then grabs my shirt and pulls me on top of him.

"Take your clothes off." He mumbles against my lips.

"Cal, babe, you're drunk and you need to sleep." I say sternly.

"No. Let me fuck you." He hisses, trying to pull my shirt over my head.