Chapter 19: So Long, And Thanks For All The Booze

---

Pick yourself up off the ground,
You're sure as hell too good to let them hold you down

-

"Kell, you ready?' I call, making sure that my ID is in my wallet. "I think the cab is here."

"Yeah, just give me a sec." He says and not a minute later, he's exiting the bathroom.

I look up at him as he enters the room and all the air leaves my lungs. He's wearing a black shirt with a dark denim vest and tight ripped black skinny jeans. I've never seen someone look so hot.

"How do I look?" He asks nervously as he fixes his hair.

I imagine myself just stepping forward, grabbing his hips firmly and smashing my lips to his. I imagine kissing him passionately and him kissing me back, pressed up against each other.

"Vic," Kellin says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, um, you look nice. Really nice." I blush.

He smiles and walks over to me, taking my hand in his.

"You look really good too." He murmurs.

He places his hand on my bicep and slowly runs his fingers along it.

"You should wear tanks more often. You have really nice arms." he sighs, sounding as if he's in a trance.

I just chuckle nervously. We begin to walk out.

"Wait, I forgot my wallet." Kellin says quickly.

"Don't worry about it. I'll pay." I offer and Kellin rolls his eyes.

"You pay for everything. The least I can do is pay for my own drinks. I'm getting my wallet. I need my ID anyway." He says.

I want to argue with him but stop myself. The worst thing I could do while he's trying to get back on his feet is take away his independency. He gets his wallet then we leave and get into a cab.

"Is it bad that I'm nervous?" Kellin chuckles a little.

"Don't be. We're just going to have a good time and relax. One night where you don't have to think about him." I explain and Kellin nods, seeming to relax a little bit at my words.

We soon arrive at the club and it seems busy tonight. I'm a little bit nervous myself. I haven't been around so many people in so long. Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't been around this many people since Andy and I's second date when he took me to a Third Eye Blind concert.

I pay the cabdriver and Kellin and I get out of the car. We go up to the end of the line, hand in hand. There's a few attractive guys around but I can't seem to take my eyes off Kellin. I know I shouldn't think it but gosh, he is so gorgeous. I've thought that from the second I laid eyes on him.

"You going to dance with me?" he grins cheekily.

"I would love to dance with you." I grin back.

We get to the door and enter the noisy building. The first thing we do is go up to the bar. Kellin and I get drinks and find a place to sit as we drink.

"Thank you for suggesting this." Kellin yells over the music.

"Thank you for agreeing." I grin back.

"Have you been here before?" Kellin asks and I nod, blushing a little.

"Yeah, I actually met Andy here." I admit.

"Really?" Kellin says looking a little surprised.

"Yeah, he was out with friends and his friend Stan and I actually hit it off but we only dated for a week before we broke up. He just wasn't interested in me and I was more interested in Andy than I was him." I explain.