Chapter 11: Time-bomb

-

Well there's no way out of this,
So let's stay in
Every storm that comes,
Also comes to an end

---

"You look absolutely stunning tonight, my love." Calvin whispers, making me blush for the thousandth time.

"You look pretty hot yourself." I beam and he looks down at his clothes.

"Thank you." He says then he reaches across the table and takes my hands.

He runs his fingers along them just looking down at them.

"Your hands are so beautiful and delicate." He mumbles before he brings one to his lips and places a kiss on it.

"Thank you." I murmur as I blush once again and look away shyly.

I spot a guy at the bar just blatantly staring at me. I quickly glance back at Cal and give him a nervous smile.

"How's your head, love?" He questions.

"Much better." I murmur.

"Good, good. Very good. If you need anything, let me know." He smiles.

"Thank you." I whisper.

He grins and kisses my hand again.

"I love you." He beams.

"I love you too." I grin back.

He drops my hand when the waitress comes over and we order our food.

The dinner goes surprisingly well and Calvin and I have a good time. Maybe going out won't be a disaster this time. I look past Cal as I feel eyes on me and I notice the guy from earlier staring at me again.

I look away quickly. What is this guy's problem?

"What were you looking at?" Calvin asks confused, following where my gaze previously was.

I quickly make up and excuse.

"The bar. I could really use a drink." I lie.

"Yeah me too." Cal says seeming to buy it.

We leave our table and I follow him over to the bar. We sit next to each other and then I notice the guy who was staring at me come and sit on my left.

I instantly take Cal's hand in hopes for this guy to understand that I'm taken. He smiles at the gesture and kisses my head.

He and the bartender start talking and I try to get involved but they're talking about something I can't relate to so I just try to ignore the guy next to me who's staring me down.

"Having a good night?" He asks and I nod with a smile.

I don't want to be rude. Its not his fault that Calvin gets jealous really easily.

"You want me to buy you a drink?" He questions and I hold up my already full glass, shaking it a little.

"Oh okay." He smiles.

I turn away from this guy and squeeze Cal's hand again. He doesn't turn his attention to me, in fact he drops my hand altogether. I pay closer attention to him and the bartender and if I didn't know any better then I'd say they're flirting. Maybe I'm just being too paranoid because he cheated. He did say that he'd never do it again and I believe him.

"I apologize for staring earlier. You just look uncannily familiar." The guy next to me says, narrowing his eyes.

Confused, I look at him more closely and discover that he looks familiar to me also.