Chapter 16: Missing You

---

I heard that you've been
Having some trouble finding your place in the world.
I know how much that hurts,
And if you need a friend
Then please just say the word

-

When I wake up, I realize that I'm still in Vic's arms. I smile and nuzzle myself into his chest. I don't remember the last time someone held me like this. He's so comfortable and his arms are so strong.

"Morning." I hear Mike say.

I look over at the other sofa blushing. He's eating cereal and watching the morning news.

"Morning." I smile back.

"Sleep well?" he asks.

"Yeah, I did." I murmur.

He looks like he wants to say something but I see him mentally brush it off.

"What is it?" I ask.

"What's what?" he mumbles, looking down at his cereal as he eats it.

"Whatever you want to say, just say it." I tell him, a little worried.

He sighs and sits his bowl down.

"I don't know if you know what you're doing, but I think you should stop." he says a little bitterly.

"Stop what? What am I doing?" I ask defensively.

"You're waving what he can't have right in his face." Mike sighs. "I just want to see him get hurt again."

"I'm not going to hurt him." I snap.

"Its inevitable at this point." Mike mutters standing up and leaving the room.

I frown at his words. What does he mean? The last thing I want to do is hurt Vic.

"Ignore him. He doesn't know what he's talking about." Vic croaks from under me.

I look to the now awake man and smile.

"He usually this hostile?" I joke.

"He's just overprotective." Vic sighs. "I'm sorry about that."

"Don't be. I think it's kind of sweet." I smile softly.

He smiles back and pushes some hair behind my ear.

"Did you sleep well?" he asks.

"I did. You?"

"I did." he murmurs. "I'm sorry I fell asleep. Your cooking was just so good."

I giggle and thank him quietly.

"I'm going to make a hot chocolate. Do you want one? Or a decaf coffee?" Vic offers.

"A hot chocolate sounds fine." I smile, climbing off him so he can get up.

He walks to the kitchen and then I hear a small gasp.

"Kellin." he says sternly.

I'm confused and a little scared. What did I do wrong?

He walks out of the kitchen and stands at the edge of the sofa.

"I told you to leave the washing up to me and not only did you do the washing up but you cleaned the entire house spotless." he sighs seeming saddened.

"Vic, it wasn't a problem." I chirp. "I have to earn my keep somehow."

He sighs and looks down.

"I'll talk to you about this in a minute." he mumbles going back into the kitchen.

I'm left utterly confused.