Chapter 26: Old Scars / Future Hearts

---

We got scars on our future hearts
But we never looked back

-

Kellin's POV

I carefully pull out of Vic's arms but as usual, no matter how subtle I'm trying to be, he awakes.

"Baby, where are you going? Don't go." Vic pouts sleepily, his eyes still shut.

I smile adoringly at him. He's so cute.

"I got called into work." I tell him and he pouts more.

"But my morning cuddles." He whimpers.

I can't help but to give in to him.

"I guess I can stay for five more minutes." I murmur, moving back into his arms that wrap around me instantly.

"Yay." He smiles before kissing my nose.

I giggle and cup his cheek. His eyes flutter open and he smiles lovingly at me.

"I'm going to get my number changed on my way home from work. Can I change yours too?" I ask.

He sighs and looks unsure.

"I don't know if I'm ready for that." He whispers.

"Babe, I know it's hard, but you need to leave him in the past. You're never going to move forward if he's still lingering in the background." I explain, taking his hand comfortingly. "And I'd rather not read another disgusting remark from him."

I shudder at the thought. Even Calvin spoke to me better than Andy does to Vic.

Vic looks torn but then nods.

"Yeah, you're totally right. I've got you, we're happy, things are good. I need to leave that part of my life behind me." he decides.

As my pride grows for him, so does my love and admiration.

"You give me strength." I whisper to him, smiling proudly.

"You give me too much credit." He brushes it off.

I giggle and kiss his lips softly.

"You don't give yourself enough credit." I murmur. "I have to go to work but I'll see you later. I love you."

"I love you too." He pouts. "You better give me lots of cuddles when you get home."

"You know I will." I grin, kissing him one last time then I quickly get ready and arrive at work five minutes late.

--

I instantly notice Vic's parents aren't home when I arrive back at their house. They must be out doing charity work or something. That's what they usually do. I admire them for it. They seem like really good people, quite set in their ways, but mostly good people.

I go into the living room but find no Vic so I decide to go upstairs. I look in his room but still don't find him which leaves me a little worried. I go over to the ensuite, opening the door instinctively without actually considering that he could be in there, and low and behold, I find him butt-naked, drying himself as if he had just gotten out of the shower, which I'm assuming he did.

We lock eyes and blush immediately tints his cheeks. I quickly look away out of instinct but can't help but to look back at him. My eyes wrack his body and it takes my breath away. Every part of his body is just a masterpiece. I'm so in awe from the beauty of it that I don't realize that staring like this is a little weird.

"Can I sketch you?" I question, the words falling out of my mouth as they enter my head.

I look back at Vic and he looks like a deer in headlights, still frozen in the exact position he was in when I entered, his body turned away from me, his neck craned towards me while he holds his towel to his semi-wet chest.