Chapter 18: We All Fall Down

---

We all fall down
But you refuse to get back on your feet again
You closed your eyes
and said goodbye to all of those who loved you

-

Vic's POV

I consider knocking but don't bother. He's probably not out of bed. I open the door to my bedroom and find Kellin still wrapped up under the covers. This has been happening for a week now and it's getting harder to get him out of bed and I don't know what to do. It's literally dinner time and he's still in bed.

"Kell?" I say softly.

He answers me but doesn't emerge from under the covers.

"Yeah?" he says in barely a whisper.

"I brought you some dinner and some water." I say, hoping it'll encourage him to come out.

"I'm not hungry but thanks." He whispers.

"Kell, you need to eat." I sigh, placing the food down on the nightstand.

"I will. I'm just not hungry right now." He mumbles.

"You haven't been hungry for days. You need to eat. I'm not just going to let you starve to death." I say sternly.

He sighs and sits up. It's obvious that he's been crying and he looks more pale than usual. I look at him sadly and sits by his feet on the edge of the bed.

I don't know why he's been so depressed. Part of me thinks maybe it's because of the call with Calvin. The other part of me thinks it's because I rejected him when he tried to kiss me. I really wanted to kiss him but I don't want to take advantage of him when he's so vulnerable. He's probably only seeking comfort.

"What's the matter, Kells?" I coo. "Please just talk to me. I care about you. I just want you to be okay."

"I don't know." He whispers. "I just don't feel like I have a reason to get out of bed anymore. There's no point. I don't even know why I'm alive."

His confession breaks my heart. I rub his leg softly then stand up. I get the curry I made off the nightstand and bring it over to him. He thanks me and starts eating.

"How long has it been since you've spoken to your family?" I ask.

"About three years." he sighs.

I frown and pull out my phone.

"Who do you miss the most?" I ask.

"Everyone." He breathes. "My brothers and sisters. My step-dad. But my mom mostly."

"Do you remember your mom's number?" I ask, opening the keypad on my phone.

He looks up and frowns.

"No Vic, I-I couldn't." He says sadly.

"Why not?"

"It's been so long. She probably hates me." he says seeming to get a little emotional. "I've missed Christmas and so many birthdays. The worst part is I never even gave her an explanation."

He wipes away a tear that falls and I give him my phone.

"The worst thing you could do is never talk to her again. She probably misses you so much. Call her. Don't leave it any longer." I tell him.

He hesitates but nods and starts dialing her number. I stand up to leave but he grabs my wrist.

"Can you please stay?" he asks and I nod, climbing into the bed next to him.