Chapter 21: Me Without You

---

Do you feel like something's missing,
when your skin is pressed to mine?
I would whisper you a riot if you'd listen,
to the sound that you've ignored a thousand times.

-

Kellin's POV

I wake up and smile at how comfortable I feel. I yawn and stretch, hitting Vic in the process. I cuddle up to his side and wrap my arms around him.

"Morning Princess. You want breakfast?"

I feel a little disappointed when I remember it's Calvin and not Vic. This has happened every day for the past week. I miss Vic so much and I hate being here with Calvin. I'd just go back to him but I'm so embarrassed about the ridiculous accusations I made while I was drunk. It was obvious that we just had too many drinks and my head was clouded. If I could do it all over I would never have left, but it's too late for that now.

"Breakfast sounds nice." I whisper, looking up at Calvin.

I usually would find his messy bed hair and his rough morning voice sexy but I don't anymore. I don't really care. I feel like I'm living with a stranger, it's weird. It's like I've finally taken my rose-colored glasses off and I can finally see him for who he really is.

"Bacon and eggs?" He asks and I nod with a smile.

"I'll be there in a sec." I tell him and unwrap my arms from around him then he leaves the room.

I take my phone off the nightstand, checking if there's any more texts from Vic. I'm disappointed to see none. I unlock my phone and go into our messages, rereading the texts he sent me at the start of the week for the hundredth time.

Vic: Kell, I'm so sorry about last night. Please just come home.
Vic: If he hurts you, you're ALWAYS welcome here.

My life with Vic was nice. He was always so nice to me and he never made me do anything. He treated me with respect. It was fun while it lasted but all good things must come to an end. I probably didn't deserve the way he treated me anyway.

I finally manage to crawl out of bed and go find Calvin looking perplexed as he's frying the eggs. Ugh, I miss having someone cook for me who wasn't a complete idiot.

"I've got it, babe." I tell him, taking the spatula from his hands.

I flip the eggs then put more oil in the pan where the bacon is cooking.

"Sorry." Calvin murmurs, scratching the back of his neck.

"It's fine." I smile. "Just sit down."

He does what I tell him and I finish making us both breakfast.

He's been a lot nicer to me in this past week than he ever has. I think he's scared of me leaving again. I don't know whether he's getting better and he's actually not going to hit me again or whether this is all just an act to manipulate me. I want to test it, get him riled up but I also don't want to risk getting the shit beat out of me.

I place food down in front of Cal then sit across from him. He frowns a little.

"What?" I mutter.

"You sat across from me. You always sit next to me." He says looking a little sad.

I roll my eyes and push my plate to the seat next to him before getting up and sitting in it.

"What can I do?" He whispers sadly.

"What do you mean?" I mumble confused as I start eating.

"What can I do to make it up to you? You've been so pissed off at me ever since you got here. What can I do to fix this?" he questions, looking a little worried.