Chapter 4

A/N: Omg I didn't expect any one other than my two friends to read this fic. I was writing it for them because they love Lucas and Maya. Thank you to those who have commented and voted for the fic. I'm so glad that you all like it! :)  

Maya POV

Christmas was right around the corner which meant Ms. Friar was working a lot of hours to try and save up so that she could give Kenzie a good Christmas. I understood this and didn't mind that there were some nights I had to stay over. The closer Christmas got the more worried Kenzie would get that Lucas wasn't going to show up. Speaking of Lucas we have been texting each other almost everyday.  It was nice to have another friend besides Riley and Farkle to talk to. Riley wasn't as worried anymore about us talking. I think she could see how happy I was. Lucas and I were NOT together but just taking to him made me so happy. 

It was two days before Christmas and we didn't go back to school until January I let Kenzie stay up a little later than usual. We were baking Christmas cookies when the door bell rang. I cleaned my hands off with a towel and then left her alone in the kitchen to answer the door. I opened the door to see who it was when a look a confusion must have went all over my face when I saw someone in a Santa suit standing on the other side.  

Before I had anytime to think I felt Santa's lips on mine and that's when I started to scream. 

"Maya!" Kenzie said as she ran out from the kitchen causing whoever this was to pull away. 

"Kenzie go back in the kitchen." I yelled. 

"Maya! Why were you kissing Santa." she said confused. 

I shut the door in his face and locked it. "I wasn't kissing Santa. He kissed me." 

"What?" Kenzie said her voice full of shock. 

I was trying to get Kenzie back in the kitchen and was fumbling with my phone to text Riley when the knocking began but before I could do anything Kenzie was opening up the door again. 

"Kenzie! Don't open it." I said but it was too late. 

"LUCAS!" Kenzie yelled! "Maya that's not Santa it's Lucas!" she said in excitement. 

I turned around and looked at her "I'm sorry what?" and that's when I noticed he didn't have the beard on. Now I was seething. 

"Hey Short Stack!" he said. "Did you think I wasn't coming?" he said and then picked her up throwing her in the air causing her to giggle. 

"I missed you so much Lukey! Come bake cookies with us." she said as he put her down.  

"Kenzie go in the kitchen we'll be there in a minute." I replied. 

Kenzie ran off to the kitchen and once she was out of sight I shoved him against the door and then grabbed him by the shirt. 

"Don't you ever do that again. I thought you were some old guy coming to rape me or something!" I whispered and he just started laughing. 

"Okay so maybe it wasn't the best way to do but I've been wanting to kiss you for so long." 

"Yeah because the way to win my heart is surly going to be when you dress up as an old guy that breaks into houses."