Chapter 20

Maya POV

Today was the day that I boarded a plane and went to Texas to see Lucas.  I just wanted to see my boyfriend. The fun thing about it is that he didn't know I was coming. Riley had me covered as far as babysitting goes which was great. I boarded my plane at 7AM. The flight was direct and would only take an hour and half for me to land. I could handle it. The flight landed perfectly on time and Lucas's Pappy Joe was there to pick me up like he said he would be. Lucas grandfather had perfect southern accent and he was funny guy. After meeting him I finally understood where Lucas got his sense of humor from.

Lucas was in school when I got to his dads house as it was only 11AM so the first thing I did was take a nap. I didn't intend on sleeping so long but it was 2:00 when I finally woke up. I felt so rested and the excitement of seeing Lucas was starting to set in. I went downstairs and helped myself to some lunch. Lucas dad said he had to go to town to get a few things and would be back later. After eating I changed into a pair of jean shorts, put on the new cowboy boots that I recently bought which Lucas hadn't seen yet, a cute yellow top, and stayed in the guest bedroom until I heard him come home. I knew from being here before that Lucas had chores and one of the things he did as soon as he got out of school was take care of the animals in the barn. I wanted to surprise him so I waited for him to get out there. My phone vibrated beside me on the bed so I picked it up to see I had a text message from Lucas and couldn't help but smile when I read it.

"I miss you so much." - Lucas

I decided to troll him hard and replied back with "I miss you so much too. Wish I was with you right now."

Little did he know I was standing in the guest bedroom waiting to surprise him. Once I heard him leave I gave it a few minutes before I snuck out to the barn. I quietly made my way out there but stopped once I heard him talking. When he said "Hello beautiful" it immediately got my attention and I started getting jealous thinking he was talking to another girl. I peeked in there to see who the hell this girl was he was talking to when I realized it was the horse he was standing in front of. I held back a laugh and listened into ear what he was saying.

"Alright now that I got done feeding the cows it's time to brush you. How was your day Miss Huckleberry?" I let out a snort and hoped he didn't hear me. "Mine was good. I went to school hung out with Zay, then fell asleep in class and dreamed about Maya. I sure do miss Maya a lot. I've been so lonely without her. It really sucks. You know what I mean Miss Huckleberry? Of course you don't because you are a horse and if anyone heard me right now they'd think I'd lost my mind that I'm sitting here pouring my heart to a horse.  Anyways I miss Maya so much and I wish she was here with me. " when I heard him say that it was the perfect time for me to interrupt.

I slowly stepped into the doorway leaning up against it "Well you don't have to wait any longer because she's already here." I said causing him to look up.

"Maya?" he said he as he stood up.

"That's my name cowboy don't wear it out." I said with a grin as I started walking over to him.

He threw brush on the ground and started walking towards me with a grin on his face. When he got close enough to me that there was almost no gap between us he picked me up and I put my arms around his neck hugging him tightly. It felt so good be in his arms again. I just wished it was permanent. I decided I wanted more than just a hug. I put my hands through his hair and brought his face closer to mine, crashing my lips into his. This kiss was so different than the others. I traced my tongue along the outside of his lip which gained me more access to his mouth. Our kiss intensified but eventually he put me back on the ground so that we could catch our breath.

He placed his hand on my cheek moving the hair out of my face. "I love you. I'm so glad you are here."

I wrapped my arms around him "I'm glad I'm here too."

Lucas finished up everything that he had to do in the barn so that we could spend the rest of the night together. He wanted to to have a campfire just the two of us that we could sit around and cook dinner on. We ran to the grocery store to pick up some things for dinner. Our choice of food was Hot Dogs and Macaroni Salad. For dessert we got stuff to make S'Mores and Mountain Pies. After getting home I changed into a comfortable shirt and shirts clothes. Once I was dressed we loaded up the Gator with everything we bought as well as a couple blankets and pillows before heading out onto the field to have our fire. It was kind of a late dinner but I didn't mind. Lucas did a great job making the hot dogs. After we got done eating it almost dark out. Lucas laid a couple blankets along with a some pillows down on the grass near the campfire. It was the perfect night there wasn't a cloud in the sky. We laid down on the blankets and rested our heads on the pillows as we looked up at the stars.

"I'm so glad you are here Maya. I was really starting to miss you." Lucas said breaking the silence.

"I was really starting to miss you too. My mom surprised me with tickets out there because she was worried that I was going to slip back into the state I was when you left back in January." I answered truthfully.

Lucas turned to face me and lifted himself up so he could look down at me "Maya, I would never want you in that state ever again."

I brushed my hand along his cheek and smiled at him "I know that Lucas and my mom does too. I promise she keeps close watch on me and so does your mom."

"I love you so much. I actually have a surprise for you too but I wanted to wait until the perfect moment to tell you." he said with a smile.

I looked at him confused "What is it?"

Lucas pushed the hair out of my face and placed his hand on my cheek "I'm coming home with you on Sunday but this time it's not just for a visit. It's for good."

I shot up form laying position and grinned wildly "What are you serious?" now I was crying. "Lucas oh my god why didn't you tell me this when I got here" I said as hit him in the head with a pillow.

"I wanted to wait until the perfect moment to tell you. You don't know how much I was thanking god that you walked in at that moment because had you waited any longer I would have spilled the beans to the horse." he said and then I started laughing.

"Oh my god I'm so happy. This is the best news ever. You're actually coming home?" I asked as tears ran down my cheek.

"Yes, now stop crying." he said before wiping my tears way.

"I could kill your for not telling me. Your such a Huckleberry, and Ranger Rick." I said as I started hitting him with pillows.

"Would you stop hitting me with pillows?" he laughed .

Lucas finally had enough of me hitting him with a pillow that he grabbed the pillow as I was about to hit him with it again. Instead he grabbed and threw it behind me before pushing me back down on the blanket and pinning my hands to the ground. His face was inches away from mine. I started giggling but stopped as soon as I felt his lips on my neck. I didn't tell Lucas this but each time we would kiss my body would naturally react. It was getting to the point where I didn't know if I could hide it from him anymore. The more he kissed my neck, making a trail to my lips the more I was starting to feel electricity through my body.  Tonight night was the night that me and Lucas went all the way and it honestly couldn't have been more perfect.