Chapter 30

Maya's POV

Riley, Farkle, and I had to stay after school to do a project that were given in art class. Lucas didn't have that class with us so he didn't have to stay. He did however have plans to take McKenzie out then we were going to meet up at my place afterwards. It was nearing 5:00 when finally we had all got done working on what we were doing.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Riles." I said as I gave her a hug goodbye' "You too Farkle." 

"See you tomorrow. I love you peaches." Riley replied back to me. 

Riley and Farkle got in the car with Mr. Matthews and they were gone before I had even left the parking lot. I was fumbling around with my keys and once I got the door unlocked threw my backpack in the back seat. I was just about to get into the drivers side when I felt a hand wrap around my mouth. My heart started pounding when I felt this persons grip tighten around me.  They drug me away from my car and slammed the door shut. The one good thing about this is I had my cell phone on me but it was on silent. I tried to get out of the grip but they were too strong. 

"Stop moving, bitch." they said and that's when I realized it was Nate. 

If I wasn't terrified already this made it worse. Nate wasn't even supposed to be on school grounds. What did he want from me? He drug me out of the parking lot and to a near by alley way not far away. I was terrified of what he was going to do me. 

"I'm going to take my hand off your mouth but if you scream you're regret it." he said. 

I nodded letting him know I would do what he would say.  Once he took his hand off my mouth he turned me around to face him. 

"What do you want?" I said almost in tears. 

"You got me expelled. I don't appreciate that." he said. 

"Well maybe you shouldn't have hit on me then." I spat. 

"You're beautiful Maya. You deserve someone better than a person who has had trouble with the law." he replied, 

"Yeah because it makes all the sense in the world for me to date someone who is a pig that doesn't know when to let up." I retorted. 

Nate grabbed a hold of me and shoved me up again the brick wall. 

"I'm every thing he's not." he said as he brushed his finger down my cheek. 

I was so uncomfortable by what he was doing to me. 

"Please let me go." I said. "You're scaring me." 

"There is nothing to be scared of sweet Maya." he said. 

I tried to get away from him but stopped as soon as I felt his hand hit me in the face. The tears fell down my cheeks. I tried to fight back but he just threw me to the ground. 

"Why are you doing this?" I cried. 

"Because you got me expelled from school and I don't appreciate that." 

"You wouldn't leave me alone. You corned me in the hall and wouldn't let me go." I continued to cry. 

Nate pulled me off the ground and put me in front of the wall again. He started kissing along my neck and I pushed him off which only caused him to hit me again. He grabbed my face and gripped it so tightly that it hurt. I tried to wiggle way but it only made it worse. He hit me again and grabbed my face then kissed me. I was so scared and all I wanted was Lucas. 

Lucas POV

It had been two hours and there was no trace of Maya. Where was she? Riley, Farkle, and I were so scared. We looked everywhere for her on the school grounds, and in the school but there was no trace of her anywhere.  I called Katy to let her know we couldn't find her and she said she was going to call the cops. Mr. Matthews took us back to his apartment and Mrs. Matthews could tell I was distraught. 

"We will find her Lucas."she said as she sat down beside, 

"I'm terrified right now. This is not like Maya. Something happened to her." I replied not even realizing that I was now crying. 

"I know you are scared but try to stay positive right now. The cops are going to do their job." She replied. 

Mr. Matthews came out from making a phone call to the principal and joined us in the living room. 

"Do any of you know of anyone that may have had it out for Maya?" he asked. 

"I don't know." I said as I wiped the tears away. 

"I don't know of anyone that would want to do this." Farkle chimed in. 

"I think I do. What about Nate?" Riley said as soon as his name came out of her mouth I felt rage. 

"Nate's not allowed on school grounds anymore." Mr. Matthews replied. 

"Yeah but it was dark out. No one would see him." I replied. 

"Cory, what about footage? Have the cops looked into  school camera footage?" 

"I think Mr. Turner is going to look into that as soon as possible." 

"What do I do?" I yelled. "I feel so helpless." 

"First of all Lucas you need to remain calm right now. I have faith we will find Maya." Riley said, 

"Riley's right Lucas. We need to remain calm until we find her." 

"I don't think I can sit here. I need to go out and look for her." I said as I stood up. 

"Lucas I don't think you should be out there alone." Topanga said. 

I turned around to look at all of them as the tears ran down my cheeks "I can't bare to sit here and not look for her. Thought of losing her is killing me. I love her so much, and I could never forgive myself if something happened to her." I said before walking out the door. 

Riley and Farkle followed me out so that I wouldn't be alone. 

"Lucas wait for us." Riley yelled. 

"Come on lets go." I answered as I waited. 

My heart can't take this. I just prayed to god that she was safe and that I would eventually find her. I tried calling her some more but she didn't answer. I was getting so frustrated. I should have picked her up at school this was all my fault. We decided to search around the school again and that's when I heard it. A blood curdling scream and not just any scream it was Maya. It was my Maya screaming out so loud and sounded like it was near by. 

"MAYA?" I yelled.