Chapter 7

A/N I didn't realize how long this chapter was going to be. Almost 2000 words. LOL! I hope you all enjoy it though.  Thanks for the love! :) 

Maya POV

Before going back to Lucas Mom's place I remembered that I need to stop by my apartment to get the Ham I bought. Mom was thawing it out for me today so that I could cook a nice ham dinner tonight. It was Christmas Eve and I wanted to do something special. My mom was so good, she even made some pies for me. Lucas told me that Apple Pie was his favorite so I had her make one of those along with a Pumpkin Pie for me and Kenkzie.  I grabbed everything I needed headed on over to Ms. Friar's.   Lucas and Kenzie were playing Wii when I got there. I was so glad she was having some bonding time with her brother. While they played the Wii I went and started on Dinner. I had just got done whipping up the Mashed Potatoes and was dicing up some cheese when I felt to large arms wrap around my waist. I nearly lost all train of thought when I felt his lips kissing along my neck and my eyes rolled back into my head when I felt him nibble on my ear.

"Do you want me to chop off my finger?" I joked. "And wheres your sister I don't want her to walk in."

"I just had to come in and see you.  I kind of want to kiss you again. 'he said and I smiled.

I set the knife down and turned around and looked at him "Lucas I want to kiss you too but...." and that was all I could get out before he placed his lips on mine.

What was he doing to me? Seriously what was it about him that he was completely sweeping me off my feet? Once we pulled away I looked to make sure Kenzie didn't see us.

"I'm serious though we need to be careful. " I said giving him a look. 

"You don't have to worry about Kenz. She wanted to watch Cinderella." he said with a smile. 

"I'm glad you you had that covered then." I replied as I started dicing up more cheese. The plan was to have some cheese and crackers later after dinner so we had a snack. 

"When it comes to kissing you when she's around I'l always have it covered." he said before giving me a quick peck on the lips.

I continued dicing up the cheese and just happened to look up and see Lucas sneaking a bite of my mashed potatoes. 

"What do you think you're doing?" I scolded him. 

"What does it look like I'm doing." he retorted. 

"Stay out of my Mashed Potatoes." I answered. "And go check on your sister for me." 

"Okay, Mom." he replied and I rolled my eyes. 

After I diced up the cheese and laid out the crackers I went out to the living room to join Lucas and Kenzie. It was only an hour and dinner would be done. I couldn't help but smile when I walked into the living room and found Kenzie all cuddled up next to her brother watching Cinderella.  I walked over and sat down on the couch. Kenzie lifted her head up when she saw me. 

"How long until Santa Claus comes?" she asked .

"Well since your bed time is 9:00 tonight it will be sometime after that." I said with a smile. 

"Do we have cookies and milk to leave him?" she asked "And what about carrots for Rudolph?" 

"We have it covered short stack. You don't have to worry." Lucas chimed in.  "What did you ask Santa for this year?" 

"Well when Maya and Riley took me and Auggie to see him at the mall the one thing I asked him was for you to come home." she replied. 

"Awe, Kenz I love you. You know when I make a promise I always keep it." he said as he gave her a huge and kiss on the forehead.