Chapter 31

Maya POV

I couldn't take anymore of this. I was starting to give up any hope of someone finding me. I tried to get away several times only to be hit again. Finally I decided to give it my all and hope someone heard me. I began screaming at the stop of my lungs so loud and that's when I heard it. It was Lucas's voice yelling my name. 

"LUCAS HELP!" I yelled before feeling his hand go over my mouth. 

I tried all I could to wiggle my way out to get to Lucas and when I saw Nate pull his fist back I thought to myself this was it. I give up but then I fell to the ground when felt Nate being pulled away. 

"Don't touch her!" Lucas yelled and then I saw it. He started being the crap out of Nate. I laid there crying until I felt a hand on me. 

"Maya, it's okay we are here." Riley said as she hugged me. "It's going to be okay now." 

I looked up at her and grabbed a hold of her holding on for dear life. I was sobbing "Riley I'm so scared." I said as cried in her arms. 

"Shh, it's okay. The cops will be here soon. Maya I'm so sorry. I should have waited for you. " she said and I could tell she was crying. 

"Maya , are you okay?" I heard Farkles voice. 

"I'm really scared. Is Lucas okay?" I sobbed. 

"Maya?" I heard Lucas say. 

"Lucas." I cried. 

"He's out cold. He can't hurt you anymore. I'm so sorry Maya." he said as he leaned down to me. 

Lucas picked me up and placed me in his lap. I looked up at him and could see the tears in his eyes.  I nuzzled my face into his neck and continued to cry.

"It's not your fault." I said. 

"Look at you. You're bleeding." he said as he put his hand on my face. I flinched at his touch. 

Pretty soon everything went into a blur. The cops were here and they had taken Nate. I was sent to the hospital to get checked out. Lucas hadn't left my side at all. I was badly bruised but no broken bones.  Once I was allowed to leave the hospital my mom and Lucas took me home. I ended up falling asleep on the way but Lucas carried me inside to my bed. I woke in the middle of the night from having a nightmare but Lucas consoled me. There was no way I was going to school tomorrow. Luckily Mr. Turner was very nice and allowed me to have time off. As much as I wanted Lucas to be with me at all times I knew that couldn't happen but he said he was going to stay with me every night and that Riley was going to babysit McKenzie until I got better. 

Lucas POV

The minute I saw that asshole's fist about to punch Maya was the minute I lost every bit of control I had left. At this point I didn't give a shit what happened to me all the mattered to me was that Maya was safe and in my arms again. I ran over and grabbed Nate away from her which caused Maya to fall back onto the ground. I started punching the hell out of him and didn't stop until he was out cold on the ground. I ran over to Maya and my heart broke into a million pieces when I saw her bloodied bruised face. What had he he done to her? 

I ran over to her and saw that Riley was holding her "Maya?" 

"Lucas." she cried.

"He's out cold. He can't hurt you anymore. I'm so sorry Maya." I said as he leaned down to her.

I picked Maya up and placed her in my lap.  The tears were running down my face as she looked up at me. She  nuzzled her face into my neck and continued to cry.

"It's not your fault." she said to me.

"Look at you. You're bleeding." I said as I put my hand on her face. She flinched at my touch and that made me realize how scared she was. 

The cops came and they took Nate away. Luckily Topanga and Cory had shown up at the scene. Topanga talked to them for me and apparently got me off the hook of any charges after they had Riley and Farkle give witness statements as to what happened. We took Maya to the hospital and Katy met us there. I was so relieved to find out that she had no broken bones. They said she was going to be sore and gave her some pain medicine. I didn't go to school the next day because it was so late when we got home so I spent the entire day holding Maya. She was starting to have nightmares and didn't want me to leave her but luckily Katy had taken off the rest of the week to be with her while I was at school. I had just finished up a long day of school when I came home to Maya's. She was in room where I usually would find her. I walked in and got on the bed to hold her. Lately she would allow me to hold her but sometimes she would still have moments where she'd flinch at my touch. I knew this was something she needed to overcome on her own.

"I've missed you." she mumbled. 

"I've missed you too." I said as I kissed her on the head. "I know I keep saying this to you but I am so sorry that I wasn't there to pick you up." 

"Lucas, it's not your fault. Please don't blame yourself." she replied. 

"Are you feeling okay today?" I asked her. 

"Yes, the pain is a lot better today." she said. "I just wish these bruises on my face would go away." 

"They will." I said as I kissed her nose causing her to jump a little bit. "Maya don't be afraid." 

"I'm sorry Lucas. It's just so hard to let anyone touch me after what he did. Especially when it comes to kissing because he forcefully kissed me." she answered with a sad expression on her face. 

"Maya, why didn't you tell me that?" I asked her. 

"I forgot, I'm sorry." she said. 

"It's okay. You'll get through this. I will help you get through this." I replied to her. 

"You're my rock." she said. 

I titled her chin up and even though she was hesitant I went in for it. I wanted her to know it was okay. She tried to move her head away from me. 

"Maya, don't be scared. It's okay you are safe now. Please let me kiss you." 

She looked up at me with sad eyes but nodded so I leaned in and I gently kissed her on the lips. "See that wasn't so bad was it?" I said with a smile. 

"No It wasn't. Will you kiss me again?" 

"Of course, there is nothing more I would love to do then kiss you again." I leaned in and kissed her feeling smile against my face. I think she was slowly starting to come back to me. Everyone was right she just needed a few days. 

"I love you, Lucas." she said as she hugged me. 

"I love you too." I replied back.