How Dare He

This is in Hermione's POV, this is her stream of consciousness after a bit of a rough patch with Draco. This is her slowly acknowledging that she might actually like him. I haven't uploaded anything Dramione in ages and I really wanted to! Hope you enjoy it xxx

Hermione's POV:

It wasn't the pain, the tears or even the heartbreak-it was the emptiness that killed me. The emptiness that had dredged up this raw feeling in the back of my throat, the emptiness of knowing that he was missing, that he had taken part of me with him. It was never supposed to happen this way, never supposed to even begin. But I couldn't resist the feeling, the way my breath caught in my throat, the way his eyes were filled with something indescribable whenever he looked at me. The acknowledgment that I was so irrevocably crazy, but he still came back for more, still made me laugh, still caused me to do things I never would have done even in another life time.

I think there was something enchanting about how we conversed, through our eyes, mouths and lips. It drew you in with every breath, every moment, every touch, every hushed whisper. It was something about the tenderness of his touch and how he hesitated to even linger for a second too long, as if someone was going to hurt him if he went too far. But his hesitation didn't remove the passion, it was there, consuming every thought, every moment, every decision. His intelligence helped, something so endearing about his articulacy, or the way his love for english stemmed into poetic sentences-grabbing me with every delectable word.

Maybe it was the way that he grinned up at me, or waited in the pouring rain, hair damp and droplets resting on his nose and eyelashes. He walked, walked in the torrential rain to meet me, to wait in the park opposite my house until I came out to see him. A pink umbrella rested in my hand as I quickly made my way over. Maybe it was the grin, the grin that he wore whenever he saw me, I beckoned him under the umbrella and the grin grew wider as I walked him over to my house. I declared he was insane and he looked over at me, acknowledgment filling his eyes. Maybe it was the way that he knew there was no way I was going to give him a book (even if it belonged to him) in the pouring rain. The fact that he brought three plastic bags to wrap it in and place it in his bag, to shield it from the rain. Maybe it was the way that he shook my mothers hand and clung at every passing opportunity to stay. The hot chocolate I made him, that he drank and complimented-even after I acknowledged how disgusting it was. The fact that he cleaned his own dish and put it away without hesitation. Maybe it was the way he was too polite to accept a towel for his face and hair so I had to force it upon him. Even though he had undone it, the shower he took before coming and his change of clothes, a speedy one considering he had just gotten back from school. The way his hair was brushed and the words that made me tingle all over. Maybe it was the way he buried his face into mine to whisper and the way that I walked him out. But I don't think it was any one factor, they were all conducive of each other.

He had done it, weaved his way into my life, the same way an incessant song that slowly grows on you. I had sworn off all boys, pulled any irrational figure or concept from my life, and now he has gone and undone every single wall I had built up around me. How dare he make me check my phone every ten minutes to see if he has replied? How dare he send me messages that make my heart melt and how dare he leave me hanging onto his word? How dare he even think that not replying to my message was an okay thing to do! How dare he make me sticky date pudding! How dare he let me talk and talk incessantly and practically cry on his shoulder. How dare he not message me back and how dare he make me worry about him! How dare he make me think about how he is doing! How dare he make me care about him! How dare he do this! How dare he.