Chapter 8- Grade-A Asshole

I had just had a life changing experience yesterday and yet still I am forced to attend hell a.k.a. school. It turns out that practically the whole school was made up of werewolves and that jerk--I found out that his name was Leonardo--was the alpha of this so called pack. I am expected to respect him and obey his 'commands'.*note the sarcasm*. Like hell I will!

I sat in my english class staring out the window admiring the clear blue skies. I chose the seat by the window so I could feel the breeze as I slept. Yep... I planned to sleep during this class and no one better disturb me or I'm going wolf on their ass, human or not. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night so I intended on doing so now. I drifted off into my subconscious thinking about last night.

We finally arrived in our backyard to our tear-stained mother and hard faced father.

"See, I told you our girl would make it. She's strong just like her mother." I heard dad tell my mom.(Quick question,am i suppose to hear what they're saying from 50 feet away? If not then I've got some serious ear power.)

"Oh,my baby." My mom cried as we stopped in front of them. "Change back, so I can hold you in my arms."

I was about to but then I realized I didn't know how. I tilted to the side to show that I was confused. "Honey, she doesn't know how." My dad explained to her. "Think human baby, take a deep calming breath and here." He handed me a bid black t- shirt i hadn't realized he was holding."Go behind the trees." I did as I was told.

Think human, visualize my body, feel it. I looked down at my anatomy to see my old, beautiful, naked self...NAKED! Staring down at myself, it stuck me. That's why Ethan jumped into the pond before shifting back. I smiled to myself. I'll have to thank him for not scarring me. I threw on the tee shirt and sprinted back to my family. I was so much faster than normal and I could smell the food my mom had prepared. My mouth watered at the delicious scent.

As I skidded in front of my mom her arms came around me hard and fast. Wow! I never realized how strong she was. "Don't want to be rude or anything, but could we possibly take this love fest inside." I said pulling away. " I'm starved."

They chuckled. "I figured you'd be hungry,all new wolves are." My mom smiled through her tears.

We sat at the dining table as I wolfed down--wolf, get it.-- two plates of food one after the other. When I was done I broke the silence with a few of my queries. "So,who's gonna tell me?"

"What?" My dad was the first to speak.

"Why you'll decided to keep me in the dark for so long?" I said as if it were obvious. I didn't have the gist to be angry after that amazing meal.

Again my dad was the one to speak. "We weren't allowed to tell you just in case you didn't change. No human can know about us...no exceptions." He wore on a thoughtful expression. "Well unless a human happens to be your mate of course." I raised a perfectly groomed eyebrow at 'mate'. He understood and continued. "A mate is your other half, your soul mate if you will. The person that completes you."

I thought about it for a moment before asking. "Do I have a mate?"

"Yes." This was my mom.

"If it makes you feel better about the not knowing, they only told me last year when I changed." Ethan said nonchalantly. It did.

"Okay, next question," I moved on. "Why did you tell me the kids might kill me if I provoked them? Is it because they're wolves too?" I asked. He nodded his head vigorously.